thoughts from my soul

BRIANA'S POV

I made it home. I walked through the door and there wasn't anyone home. I was relieved as I walked upstairs and to my room. I thought about last night and I started getting butterflies in my stomach. I laid on my bed, got my sketch pad out, and began to draw Klaus. I started with his face. Slowly getting the curvature of his jaw and the deepness of his eyes right. "Where did you go last night?" I looked up and saw Damon. I really needed to find a way to keep vampires out of my house, even after they had been invited. I shook my head. I was not telling him about my night. It was none of his business. "Here we go again." He made the comment. I shrugged his shoulders. I didn't want to talk to Damon with all the things I told him last night. I was right. If I would have went picked up Elena, my parents would still be here and Elena and Jeremy would have parents. End of story. "Whatever" I heard Damon say. I just sketched while I looked out my peripheral and saw Damon leaving. There was just things I couldn't talk to anyone about. Klaus was one of those subjects. 

My phone rang with the Goo Goo dolls through the room. I answered and heard Elena's worried voice through the phone. "I was so worried. What happened to you last night?" I thought for a minute. I couldn't tell her the truth, she would flip on me and I couldn't worry her. "I just needed some time Elena." Elena sighed. "I'm sorry to blow your phone up, Bri. I was extremely worried and I don't want to lose you." I smiled. My little sister always worried about me but I was HER protector. She WAS NOT mine. "Elena I'm fine. I promise." I could hear her smile a little. "Okay." I wanted to leave this place. I loved my family and friends but I don't let people close to me for a reason. "Elena I have to go. I have to go to work." This was a lie. I quit over a week ago but that wasn't something I was telling them. After my parents died, Jeremy went to drugs for help. Elena quit cheerleading and became very quiet and reserved. I tried to go on as normal but everything has been building up to the point I just can't take it. "Okay. Bye, I love you Bri." That's something I couldn't tell anyone. I haven't told anyone I loved them since I lost my parents. "You too Lena." I hung up the phone. 

I don't think I know what love is. I love my family but I never told them that. Everything was just starting to build up in me and I don't know if I can take it. I got up put some shoes on and decided on a walk. I walked along the street with no particular destination. This wasn't right. I'm 20 years old. I will be 21 in a few weeks and I have two teenage responsibilities. Maybe I should run. What if they just need something I can't help with. I probably should have thought of that when Jenna came and then left because she couldn't handle us. Life has become unbearable. Then Klaus came to town and for some reason when he isn't next to me I am dark in my thoughts. I feel like when he isn't around I can't live life. I don't want to be one of those girls that their world revolves around a boy. But this was Klaus. I looked up from my feet and found myself in the woods. I am unsure how I had gotten here but it's been nice just being able to think and walk. I continued to walk not caring where I end up. I heard a twig snap I turned to see a dark headed man in a suit. "Hello, may I talk to you?" Who was he?