Please be awake

KLAUS' POV

I walked into Briana's room in the hospital. The doctor had said she was in a coma. They weren't sure when or if she would wake. I walked in slowly taking in the room. The white walls, the machines, the window. I listened to her and the baby's heart beat. I sat in the chair next to her. I had never been in this predicament before. Of course, I have never been a father before either. I wanted to tell her it was going to be okay, that life wasn't going to beat her. "Well, love, you had quite a surprise for me didn't you? Why didn't you tell me?" I looked around the room, tears running down my face. "In my thousand years, I have never been so scared. You have to come back to me, Briana, I need you. Your child needs you. I can not do this alone, love." I got up and looked out the window. "I have never needed anyone but the thought of loosing you leaves a hole in my chest and I can not bare it." I hung my head. "What am I to do? Where am I to go from here? I know not what to do, Briana. You were my humanity and if I lose you I will be completely and utterly alone."

"You will have the baby." Elena had said. I turned to see her at the door. "I can not do this without her." She walked up and hugged me. "We will help you." I pulled away and looked her in the eyes. "You would do that even though all that I have done to you and your family." Then I heard Jeremy say "Briana loved you. You are family, Klaus." I looked up at him. Elena and Jeremy were side by side now at the foot of Briana's bed. "But you hate me." He dropped his head. "But Briana didn't. You saved her. So as far as we are concerned, you are stuck with us." I smiled. "I just want her alive. I want to marry her. I want us all to be a family." Jeremy and Elena smiled. "We know." 

Hours later I was still at the hospital next to Briana. "Come on, love. Just give me a sign anything to tell me that you will return to me." She didn't move or say anything. "COME ON, BRIANA" I heard a hoarse voice say "I thought you were working on your anger." She smiled. I ran up to her and kissed her. "Never scare me like that again." She smiles and says "I'll try, daddy."