Chapter 7

Eren's POV

My mother always use to compliment my acting, she use to say how I could take on the role of anyone in mere seconds.

My left hand quickly covered my mouth as I let out a surprised gasp, my eyes beginning to tear up as a look of horror made it's way onto my face.

"P-Petra's... dead?" I asked, my voice trembling. Levi quickly hurried over and embraced me, I was quick to wrap my arms around him and buried my face into the crook of his neck, taking in his heavenly scent. Small sobs escaped my lips as hot tears began to fall rapidly, I eventually pulled away and looked at Levi with a pained expression.

"H-how did she die?" The slightly sympathetic expression on his face vanished as he stood up straight and cleared his throat, "She was murdered."

-- Time skip --

"I'm home!" I screamed loudly as I burst through the front door, heading straight towards the divine smell coming from the kitchen. I could hear my mother chuckle from her place at the stove, whilst my father sat reading a newspaper at the table.

"Someone's happy" he mumbled, I quickly turned on my heal to face him and smiled brightly, causing him to raise an eyebrow before shrugging me off. I continued towards my mother and stared at her intently, until she finally gave in and asked.

"So... what's going on?" She turned to face me, giving me her full attention before I replied. "I hung out with Levi today"

Her expression quickly brightened as she clapped her hands, "that's great!" She said cheerfully, my father only grunted.

She suddenly went quite as all emotion vanished from her face, "Eren..." I stared at her suspiciously, "mom..."

There was suddenly a tight grip on my wrist, causing me to wince shoulder. "There's something I need to show you." My father spoke sternly, causing me to panic slightly.
'What if he went in my room?'
He then stared to drag me through the hallway, leading straight for... the basement? Pulling of the key from around his neck, he slung it over my head with ease.

"I know Eren..." I said darkly, giving me a look that was nothing short if frightening. I began to tremble slightly as I stared up at the man towering over me, "know what dad?" I finally gathered the courage to ask, thought I wish I hadn't. For nothing could prepare me for what he said next.

"I know that you killed that girl."

A loud smashing sound broke the tension between us, as my head shot towards the direction of the sound. Shards of glass lay scattered around my mother as she shook, tears threatening to fall.

'I'm dead. There going to turn me in' I continued to stare for a good few second before she finally spoke.

"I- ..... I'm so proud of you"