Chapter 16

Levi's POV

I let out a sigh as I stared at the sleeping boy beside me. He's crazy, that's for sure. I should call the police, to stop him from hurting himself and other people. 'But then he would go to jail and maybe even be sentenced to death' I thought to myself, biting my lip as I thought of what could happen if I did call the police.

As carefully as I could, I slipped out of bed. Shuffling around the room in an attempt to find my various items of clothing that had been discarded hours before. "Shit" I mumbled as I remembered what had happened.

Eren goes crazy, basically admits to brutally killing numerous people, breaks my phone, and what do I do? Make love to him of course. Because that makes totally sense. "I'm an idiot" I confirm aloud as I leave Eren's room.

I wasn't sure where I was going, I just walked mindlessly. Paying no attention to my surroundings until I noticed that my feet had bought me to my house. I rolled my eyes before walking into my house, Windex immediately trotting over and meowing loudly. I picked up the small white cat and led her into the kitchen. Setting her down and filling her bowl with the dry biscuits. She dug in to her food immediately, causing me to smile. There was suddenly a loud, continuous pounding on my front door. The sudden sound caused both me and Windex to jump. I slowly approached it, hesitating for a moment before swinging it open.

It was Eren, half dressed, out of breath and... crying? I just started at him shocked as he flung his arms around me. "Levi don't leave me like that!" He cried into my shoulder.

"I forgot to feed my cat," I spoke casually, this caused Eren to perk up slightly as he began to look around, "Where is the little angle!" He spoke as he let himself into my house.

Now I should warn you, Windex hates new people. Usually when she meets someone new, she just hissed and claws them anywhere she can reach, but with Eren, she trotted up to him and meowed happily. Even allowing him to pick her up. I stood there confused as she began purring well he stroked her head.

"You've- been in here before, haven't you?" Eren just looked at me and sheepishly smiled well setting the cat down. "Maybee~" I just nodded at this, not in the slightest bit surprised. "So um... Eren" I spoke, relatively hesitant to ask what I was about to ask.

Eren looked up and smiled at me, "Yes, Levi?" His smile was breath taking, he looked so innocent. Though I realise that this look of innocence was all an act, I couldn't help but fall deep into a feeling of trust. 'Tell him to turn himself in' I spoke to myself firmly, nodding in agreement to my own thoughts as I opened my mouth.

"I love you." I didn't mean to say that. I really didn't mean to say that. The look that replaced Eren's innocent face was one of pure joy. As though he was about to be evicted from his own home, only to win the lottery.

He began to try, then laugh, then cry some more. The same smile from before never leaving his face. He stepped forwards and wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly as I tried to stay calm in his embrace. I suddenly felt a lot less safe as I had a few seconds ago.

"I love you too Levi, and now that we are together we can both be happy together... forever." And with that, he gave one final, innocent smile before releasing me from his embrace and waking further into my house.