Chapter 10

Levi's POV

I lay in my bed staring at the white ceiling. It was the weekend and - as usual - I had nothing to do. I contemplated calling Erwin, before remembering he's probably with Hanji and she was the last thing I needed...

"Levi!" I sat up slowly, glaring at the door.
"What!" I streamed back, annoyed that I had been disturbed.

"Eren's here~" she called back, I sat up straight, now staring wide eyed at the titanium white door. 'Eren? What the hell dose he want?' I slowly got off of my bed, making my way down stairs well hiding my suspicion and excitement perfectly. I looked up towards the front door to see that Eren was, in-fact, standing right there.

I let out a 'tch' and crossed my arms, rolling my eyes slightly as I spoke. "What the hell do you want?"
My comment caused my mother to shoot me a glare, as if warning me to stop with the blunt and rude comments immediately. I only looked back at Eren though, not in the slightest bit intimidated by mother's actions.

Eren's POV

I stared at Levi lovingly, his words almost being drowned out completely. 'What am I doing here?'

My eyes widen as I realised I'd probably been staring for an unusual amount of time, I quickly stuttered out an excuse.

"I- I- uh..... do you want to go for a walk?" I asked cheerfully, quickly attempting to regain my usual, happy demeanour. Levi's mother clapped her hands, placed her hand on his back and quite literally shoved him outside.

"He'd love too! Be back before it gets dark Levi, there's still that disgusting man on the loose."
It took me a moment before I realised she was talking about me, the man who killed Petra and Nanaba. "How do you know it's a guy?" I heard from beside me, I glanced at Levi as he stared at his mother blankly. She only sighed before yelling a quick goodbye and slamming the door.

Levi turned and gave me a solid glare, 'he doesn't look happy.' I laughed nervously, rubbing the back on my neck before starting to walk in a random direction, secretly being extremely surprised when Levi followed suit.

"So.. where are we going shitty brat?" He questioned, unfolding his arms and letting them fall loosely at his sides. I stared down at his pale, small hands. They looked soft and fragile, though there's no doubt in my mind he could break my jaw with them if he wanted to. I bit my lip nervously as I resisted the urge to take his hand into my own.

We continued to walk without saying a word, in my opinion the silence wasn't an awkward one. Weather or not Levi felt the same was debatable.

Everything seemed perfect, but of course.. nothing stays that way for long. "Eren Jaeger?"
A deep voice asked from behind me. I answered yes, turning around slowly. Only to freeze when two tall men holding up badges, one of them took my arms and began to cuff them behind my back well the other spoke.

"You're under arrest under the suspicion of murder, anything you say can and will be held agains you in the court of law-" the mans voice slowly got drowned out my by own mind as I stared at Levi, who looked at me with wide eyes.