Chapter seven (7)

Chapter seven (7):
Why is it only the good people suffer?
••••••
*Roz's p.o.v*
Woah woah woah, back up a minute. Martinus is crying? How?
Although we havent seen eye to eye lately, I felt bad for him. And seeing Tinus like this broke my heart.
I slowly went up to him. Martinus must have seen me coming because he looked up in my direction.
His eyes were puffy and red. Tears were streaming down like a waterfall. There were cuts all over his body. Even though you cant see all of them. But at the bottom on each sleeve you can take a glance at the cuts.

Roz-"T-tinus...?"
I said softly. Tears were at the edge of my throat.

Tinus-"Roz?"
He said getting up.

I didnt say anything. Neither did he. We both stood their staring at each other. I slowly twisted my hand into Tinus' and pulled him into my room.
Martinus sat on the bed and i sat next to him.
I rolled up his sleeve. The cuts were dripping blood so they must have been done recently. I let my own tears slide by while I cleaned up his arm.

Roz-"What made you do this?"
I asked, trying not to stumble so much.

Tinus-"Dad. Its like everything he wants is money and job. I DONT WANT A DAD LIKE THAT!! I WANT A NORMAL ONE!! Someone who doesnt give a f**k about jobs! Someone who loves us! Someone who i am proud to call dad!!"
He screamed.

I stayed silent. Why does life do this to us? Why is it that only the good people suffer? I know Life is supposed to make you strong. But if this is strong then I'd rather be happy...and weak!

Roz-"Dont cut again. Please."
I said brushing off the last drop off blood.

Tinus-"Why?"
He asked surprised.

Roz-"Believe it or not, even after all that I still care about you. I know I am dating Jake at the moment but your still my friend."

Martinus stayed quite. I was going to hold his hand again, to comfort him. But martinus pulled his hand away.

Tinus-"There are times where I miss you like hell. And there are times where I want to be more than your friend."
He said getting up to leave.

I stayed there. Shocked. What the heck just happen?!

Roz-"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?? WHY IS IT EVERYTIME YOU DO SOMETHING FOR A GUY AND THEY DONT GIVE A SH*T!! Yes I know I LOVED YOU!! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!?? YOU LEFT US TO DIE ON THE STREETS!! MARTINUS I NEARLY DIED!! And what did you do?? NOTHING! We were dying from dehydration while you were traveling the world having the time of your life!! And what? YOU EXPECT ME TO DATE YOU!?? IS THAT YOUR IDEA OF LOVE?? WHO ARE YOU?? What are you doing here? I DONT KNOW YOU ANYMORE!! I WANT MY OLD TINUS BACK! And when you find him, give me a call. I WANT TO BE THE FIRST TO GREET HIM!"
I said bursting out the door.

I wanted to escape. I wanted to leave everything behind and go to a place where no one knows me.
A place where people actually believe in happiness. Where people are happy. 'Life knows how to take the sh*t out of everything'

"Cant argue with that"

I turned around to see Mr. Gunnarsen.
I relized I forgot to speak in my head so no one could hear it but me. He was wearing his normal daily clothes while I was in my pj's.

Roz-"Yeah it does"
I said trying to erase some of my tears.

Mr. Gunnarsen-"Listen Roz. I know you hear the conversation. The walls aren't that thick. I just want to say, im sorry. I know I wasnt a great dad to the boys. Now I know why."

Oh no. He must have heard Martinus shout from the other room.
I dont know, are we in trouble? Or is Mr. Gunnarsen taking this really well.
Someone help.
This is too complicated...

Heyo, nice seeing you again 🤗
Please hit that star below⭐️
Comment what you think🤔
Thank you for reading this chapter:)
I hope I see you next time🙂🍍❤️
~Didi