Chapter eight (8)

Chapter eight (8):
All this is going so fast

•••••
Roz's p.o.v///*

Roz-"Oh you heard?"
I said trying to sound concern.

Well i was. I mean Mr. Gunnarsen just overheard his own son complain about him. Thats pretty harsh.

Mr. Gunnarsen-"I did. I also heard you shout at Tinus. Please forgive him. It was my fault the boys left you girls. I am willing to take the blame for everything. Being a dad isnt easy. And you only want whats best for your kids. I thought Iraq and you girls was their misery. Turns out, in every sadness they find a lot more happiness."

I was touched. I guess everyone has a reason. Everything happens for a reason. Even though sometimes we dont know what that reason is. 

Roz-"Sir, I deeply care about your son. Both of them. But Im already dating someone else."

I expected him to shout or get disappointed. The result i got is much more stranger.

Mr. Gunnarsen-"I understand."

Roz-"you do?"
I asked, astonished.

Mr. Gunnarsen-"Yes I do. But I thought you might want to see something."

See something? See what?

Mr. Gunnarsen must have read my mind because he nodded and took out his phone. He opened a video.
It was Martinus.

Tinus-"Um...ok. I dont know how to start this off. Roz if your watching this. And Roza of course. I wanted you girls to know we are deeply sorry. I never wanted to leave you guys. You girls are our source of happiness. Being around you gives us a chance to make great memories. And Roz. I've always wanted to date you. You are the girl I've been waiting for, for 16 years. Well not technically. But, you are my dream girl. What i am trying to say is, I Love You."

I know I am dating Jake but those three words lit my heart on fire.

Roz-"Where did you get this?"

Mr. Gunnarsen-"Martinus posted this video online hoping you would see it. Luckily I found it before anyone got a chance to see it. After I looked at it however, I knew separating you girls from the boys was a bad idea. I kept the video so that someday, it becomes useful."

I didnt say anything. I was speechless. All this is going so fast. Wheres a pause button when you need one?

Mr. Gunnarsen-"I will let you sleep on it. And I wont force you to love anyone. That decision remains to you."

Roz-"Thank you sir."
I nodded with a tiny bit of delight.

Mr. Gunnarsen-"Your welcome. Goodnight Roz."
He said before leaving to go to the next room.

Roz-"Goodnight."
I whispered to myself.

Martinus is probably in my room. There is no way i am going back in there so the only option left in the couch.
As long as its comfy and i dont wake up early in the morning, everything will be ok.
Not perfect, but 'ok'.

•••••
Mac's p.o.v///

I watched Roza calmly drift off to sleep while I held her tight against my chest. Her soft hair tickled my neck. I missed her. I missed everything about her.
She's basically my life. How did I ever have the courage to leave her?
Was I that heartless?

Roza-"Mac...?"
I heard a soft whisper.

Mac-"Yeah?"
I answered back gently.

There wasn't an answer for a while.
Weird. I am sure I heard something.

Roza-"Mac..."
She whispered again.

Her eyes were still closed. Huh? Oh well, Roza must be having a dream.
I didnt answer back or say anything. I just waited to see what she wanted to say.

Roza-"Please dont leave me Marcus..".
Ouch.

That broke my heart. Now I feel like a piece of sh*t.
I made a mistake. And the worst part is I cant go back. I cant change the past no matter how much I want to.

Roza-"Marcus..."

I heard someone say. Roza was now looking straight at me. Awake.

Roza-"Mac? Whats wrong?"
She said sounding worried.

Mac-"I wont leave you Roza."
I said softly.

Mac-"Thats a promsie."
I added in.

I made a promise just like last time. But unlike last time, I intend to keep that promise.
I wont leave Roza again. And thats my lifelong promise.

Heyo, nice seeing you again 🤗
Please hit that star below⭐️
Comment what you think🤔
Thank you for reading this chapter:)
I hope I see you next time🙂🍍❤️
~Didi