chapter 7

I know i am supposed to update high one love but i was in the mood for dilemma so here ya go :)

____________________________________

The brunet deliberately sat in the mix of the chaotic drunken crowd.

The music was as loud as thunder; it made the cutlery on the tabletops rattle. Neon lights flashed everywhere like police sirens, but much more colourful.

Taehyung sighed before tipping down another glass of one of the greatest Rioja wine which his friend, Vernon, had offered.

The wine pours a beautiful ruby color with aromas of red cherries, vanilla, and leather. There are flavors of dark red fruit, with nice acidity and balanced tannins.

It had the perfect taste but something felt odd and taehyung chose to ignore it.

Vernon eyed him skeptically and ran his fingers along the fine leather of the magenta coloured couch.

"We really did miss your company taehyung." He slurred and let out a husky laugh, catching the said male's dark eyes.

"I wish i could believe you vernon but why does your words feel so...... hoaxed?" Taehyung has now placed the drink on the glass table and leaned forward while eyeing vernon fanatically.

One look, just one look and vernon already knew that taehyung is aware of his intentions and yet, he played along with it.

"You haven't changed taehyung." He chuckled, tucking his blond strands behind. "... except for one thing."

Taehyung rose his one eyebrow at him.

"You really underestimated the range of to what extent i will go."

Taehyung's gaze followed his dark brown eyes which landed on the glass of wine.

He scoffed and looked up at vernon, his bestfriend (once upon a time).

"Some friends i have here." He slurred and rested back on the couch, not meeting vernon's eyes to show his disappointment.

He smiled when he started to feel the effects.

The music was so loud that it made his skin tingle and his lungs feel like mush. The bass thumped in time with his heart beat as though they were one.

Over the roar of music, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard. The random people's laughters rang in his ears and wouldn’t seem to stop. The song that was playing got louder, pulling him in and wouldn’t let go. He had no choice but to exit that hell hole.

So he stood up unsteadily and walked out without sparing a glance at vernon.

Vernon gazed at taehyung's figure disappearing and turned to the front with a annoyed smile.

"As always, he didn't satisfy me with his reaction." He muttered to himself and gulped the burning alcohol in his hand.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Taehyung could feel his movements getting clumsy and weak. His head felt heavy together with his limbs. He felt nauseous and his chest was burning. He still felt the loathsome repugnant taste lingering in his mouth.