Chapter 9

_________________________________

When Jungkook rushed into the police station right after he left Taehyung at the hospital, the first thing he sensed was that something was wrong.

Or in other words, odd. He expected a fuming Chanyeol and Jimin to come and nag at him or the ruckus where his coworkers would be stomping here and there with files.

The main hall was empty, all the desks didn't have their right owners nor any other presence there.

"Where is everyone?" He mumbled to himself as he strolled inside, scanning his surroundings.

He flinched when he heard a noise emerging from another room. The meeting room. He frowned and walked towards it slowly while the noise and chatterings got louder.

He silently opened the door and peeked his head inside, blinking his hazel doe eyes at the bright light.

He noticed all the officers gathered there, standing in order which they usually do at the general gathering.

Jungkook frowned in confusion and tilted his head to look for his hyungs. By the time he spotted them in the crowd, they were already glaring at him in disappointment.

He sheepishly smiled at Jimin and Chanyeol but that only intensified their glare. He waddled silently into the room and stood lastly in a random line of officers.

"I am very glad and honoured to introduce you all to our new Chief, Mr Hyun Bin, who has tranferred from Chicago Police Adm- "

The ravenette's mouth hung open in shock as he stood there frozen.

"N-new??" His mind exclaimed and his eyes immediately roamed over the stage and landed on their (previous) Chief General who was had a small but bitter smile on his pale face.

Jungkook's face fell and his lips curved into the saddest pout. Their previous chief was his favorite and his inspiration when he joined this quaters. It was really heartbreaking for the younger to know the person he look up to is retiring so soon.

He didn't pay attention to the rest of the speech and just sulked while looking down. When the ment ended, they were asked to salute to their new leader which jungkook obliged with a half hearted salute.

When the gathering ended and the officers were dismissed, jungkook speed walked to his previous chief worriedly.

"Sir! Isn't it too early for your retirement?" He exclaimed but not too loudly or his action will be claimed as disrespectful.

The 45 year old man, In-sung just stared at him with a sad smile. "Hey kid, was wondering where you've been. I wanted to send my last regards to you."

The ravenette's lips curved down even more at his words. "Why do you have to leave sir?" He asked sadly.

"Lets just say, we live in a world where power is ontop justice. It can bring the rightful people to the doom." He muttered lowly while glancing at the group of officials who were now congratulating the newcomer.

Jungkook frowned at the bitter tone in his words.

"Why would power be ontop when talent comes first?" He asked lowly and the older smiled at him.