chapter 19

"Why is he here taehyung?" Yoongi's strained deep voice didn't hide his irritation at his potential younger dongsaeng's idiotic decision.

"He's here because I want him here yoongi hyung. Do you have a problem with that?" The brunette's voice was low and stern.

"Yes! Yes I do. You're being reckless and irresponsible. What makes you think that keeping a former cop kid in our home is a good idea?" Yoongi barked out, his patience vanishing minute by minute.

"He's not even a cop anymore. Chill out yoongs." Namjoon voiced out, trying to calm the tension in the gloomy hall room.

"I don't care what the fuck he is!! He's not one of us!! He has no right to be in this house. He'll only bring trouble and nothing else!" Namjoon backed away as yoongi growled, fist clenched in frustration.

"You don't even know him hyung! Can you stop nagging me about this? I know what I am doing!" Taehyung snarled back, slaming down his glass of whiskey on the side table in anger.

"Oh really? Let's see that. I wonder what appa will say if he hears this. Taehyung, he's really unnecessary in your life. Why don't you understand?" Yoongi's tone lowered as he realized he was taking his anger way too far. He didn't want to yell at taehyung. He never did. He can't believe that damned raven haired kid made him yell at his own beloved dongsaeng.

"Really he will only bring trouble? That night when Vernon poisoned me, I could have died hyung. All of you would have lost me forever. He saved me. I am standing here, alive and breathing because he fucking saved my life!" Taehyung neared the older who looked speechless at the moment.

"And why would he do that? Whats in it for him?! I am a feared leader of the underworld who they want to capture. He could just left me to die or capture me to put me behind bars. He had no reason to stay by my side and help me. Yet here you are, screaming at me to let him rot in the streets because he has nowhere else to go, no one to go to." Taehyung let out the raged breath he was holding.

"He didn't leave me when I was left to die on a filthy road so I can't leave him when he's sitting on the same filthy road, homeless and robbed of everything. His home, his dreams, his job... He has nothing left. Nothing."

The hall fell into a intense silence as everyone was too stunned to say anything. Taehyung watched as yoongi fish-mouthed and gulped, unable to answer taehyung's statements.

"You can help him taehyung." Hoseok broke the silence with his soothing voice. "You can try but if he doesn't want it from you then you can't do anything about it. You can't force him to stay. You know that right?" The blue haired male continued, eyes still reasurring and gentle.

"I just don't understand why he thinks I did something to him. He never hated me like this before. He never actually hated me but that somehow changed." The brunette gruffed out, his thick eyebrows frowning in rage.

"we can talk about this tomorrow." Namjoon stepped forward and patted the younger's arm. "Just get some rest for now. Today was tiring." He said as he walked towards the door and hoseok agreed with him before following him out the door.

Yoongi gazed at the younger, eyes filled with slight guilt. "I am sorry tae. For being pushy and all. I was just trying to protect you. You have a lot of enemies out there. I am just paranoid with anyone outside our family." He sighed as he finished his apology.