Chapter 6 : Better

Jungkook held her hand, gently.  

"Please, just explain

"Please, just explain." Jungkook said, holding Minhee arm. She was restless. Jungkook needed her to be calm. He wasn't fine too, but after a deep thought yesterday, he decided to take the risk. Jin was right. There's something in Minhee that made him trust her.

"Look, i.. i really didn't know who you are before. I didn't even know your group name. I'm not into that kind of world.. your world. I just know you as Eyre." Minhee faced him with her lips quivered.

"Then, why are you there, Dahae?" Jungkook said her name, remembering what she told him yesterday before signing the album.

"No. I'm not Dahae... Dahae is my best friend. The one that insisted me to come yesterday..." Minhee took a breath.

"She is your group's fan. She managed me to promise her. She made me drunk, then somehow.. i promised her to come to your event. Usually, i always have excuses so i can't come with her.. but yesterday, she even checked all my schedules. I didn't have excuses." Minhee got trouble maintaining eye contact with Jungkook. She took her arm from his hand.

"Why did you hold a placard with my name?" Jungkook was curious. That placard was the source of the problem in the first place, beside her being there.

"It was.. a complete misunderstanding. Dahae made me brought it, she said i need to fit in so i could get her the signed album." Jungkook could see her cheeks getting rosy. Minhee was embarrassed. Now, that everything made sense, Jungkook couldn't help but smile.

"You're her bias.. ehm..wrecker or stuff. I don't know the term she use." Minhee still didn't face Jungkook.

"Then, who is your bias? You met everyone yesterday, right?" Minhee suddenly looked at him, shocked because he teased her.

"What?" She said.

"You see.. my hyungs are handsome, i am handsome too. If you have to choose, who—"

"Are you kidding me? Your timing is something." She looked at Jungkook with disbelief.

"Alright. Alright." Jungkook giggled. "Thank you." He said with a smile.

"For what?" Minhee got back to her feisty self.

"Ya! I'm the one that should be angry right now." Jungkook teased her while giggling. She just rolled her eyes.

"Thank you for explaining. I'm glad that i took the risk." He smiled to her and to himself.

"What risk?" She asked with curiosity.

"Risk to make a friend."

--

Minhee didn't know why but Jungkook sounded very lonely. They sat on the floor, leaning against the wall. The silence made them calm.