Chapter 11 : Still Involved

Jungkook didn't believe what he heard, likewise with Minhee. She heard everything behind the call. She knew who was talking to Jungkook.

"Eyre.. I'll.. I'll meet him. I'll meet Kang Daniel."

--

"No.. No, Jane! There is no one.. no one you need to meet. This is my problem, you don't need to get involved." Jungkook flustered.

"Jeon Jungkook, listen to me!" Minhee called Jungkook's real name, making Jungkook immediately silent. Minhee did not call him neither as a celebrity or as a friend, there is a deeper meaning of that. Jungkook became tense.

"Let me meet that person. Sooner or later, we still need to talk as decent humans. I can't keep avoiding it." Minhee couldn't deny that she lied a little to Jungkook. She basically didn't want to meet that person, at least not in the near future. She had just returned from a short retreat at her parent's house, hoping that everything would return to its original state as she get back. But when Dahae suddenly scolded her for not activating her phone during her hermitage there, she knew something must have happened. Minhee didn't understand why Jungkook had to hit that person. What Minhee feared was not Daniel who was in pain, but the consequences that Jungkook would receive because of the incident.

As soon as Minhee heard the man's voice just now, she realized her assumption was right. She was indeed the source of this problem. Her feeling of fear changed into determination. She wouldn't let Jungkook bear this alone.

"Minhee-ah...—" Jungkook tried to talk but immediately cut by Daniel.

"Minhee? Are you talking to Minhee?" Daniel, who didn't expect to hear Minhee's name, suddenly grabbed Jungkook's arm. Jungkook didn't answer the question. He didn't know what to do.

"Minhee-ah, i have to meet you. We have to talk. It's all just a misunderstanding." Daniel leaned towards Jungkook's phone and spoke louder so Minhee could hear. Jungkook noticed and quickly hanged up.

"Back off, damn it!" Jungkook began to feel his blood rising.

"Jungkook, you can't keep on blocking me. You can't always be Minhee's 24-hour security guard. I can find other ways to meet her, but this already happened. So don't complicate this problem, let us meet and i will consider the problem between us finished." Daniel said arrogantly. He kept trying to play his card until Jungkook gave up.

"You—!" 

"Wouldn't it be better.. if you knew how i met her.. than.. i looked for another way and you didn't know what i could do at all?" Daniel smirked. Jungkook's eyes widened, his lips that had been slightly parted closed forcefully, he clenched his teeth hard. Daniel knew that he had won when he saw Jungkook's expression.

--

Jungkook told him. He lost. He hanged his head limply while sitting on the couch in BTS dressing room. All this was his fault, he felt very guilty about Minhee. Seeing Jungkook who is like a person who can die at any minute, Jimin approached and sat next to him. He gently patted the maknae's back.

"I already told you that you look hot when you had expression like this, right?" Jimin tried to cheer him up.

"Eo, maja (Yes, right), hyung." Jungkook faked a smile. He acted like nothing happened even though it was obvious.

"You know, sometimes trusting someone else doesn't hurt. Your friend must know what she has to do. You just need to support and protect her from behind as a friend. Even if it's true that you two are only friends.." Jimin chuckled.

"What are you thinking, hyung? We're just friends." Jungkook became awkward. Behind Jimin's jokes, Jungkook knew what he was saying was right. He must believe in Minhee.