Chapter 14 : Fixing Things

'I want you to be happy too... But how can I pass through your wall, Jeon Jungkook? How can I help you through this? I'm just a friend.'

--

After a week passed, Minhee went through her routine as usual, the only difference was that Jungkook became part of it. He still underwent his obligation to come to the university and attend classes even though the news about him and Daniel was still going wild. His appearance became less and less like BTS Jungkook, his stylist deliberately changed Jungkook's way of dressing so that he wasn't easily recognizable when not doing his idol's activity. Of course it's because a lot of journalists were chasing after him. 

Dahae always asked Jungkook's condition when they met in class, as a devoted Army, she was certainly worried. Jungkook casually answered her that he was okay and just smiled. Minhee knew it was fake. She realized, when they ate lunch together on the rooftop a few times, Jungkook always lost in his thought while staring at Seoul sky. His agency must put a lot of pressure on him as his eyes looked more and more tired every day. When Minhee tried to start talking about the situation, Jungkook always said that he was okay. He thanked Minhee for staying with him. They didn't stop communicating in that past week, Jungkook always texted Minhee at every chance he had, like what best friend does.

Until the day came when Jungkook didn't come to class at all. Minhee thought why the scandal wasn't finished yet. She thought her statement to Daniel at that time could make him man enough to finish everything. She couldn't concentrate on the lecture at all. She took a deep breath to calm herself when suddenly the class became noisy. They whispered to each other while looking at their phone. Dahae immediately handed her phone to me, showing the news for me to read. It was about Daniel's Press Conference. The class became noisier that they had to be cooled down by the professor himself. 

Minhee could only think of Jungkook, about how the man was. She's worried about him. She texted him, but even after lunch, Jungkook did not reply. 

She decided to go to the library. Doing her task would probably distract her mind from thinking too much. Mrs. Han welcomed her, asking how she's been because she was rarely seen lately. Minhee smiled and said that her life was not like a calm river anymore, many fishes suddenly immigrate to the river. One of them was really making the flow turbulent. 

"Isn't the life of a young like you supposed to be full of turmoil? Isn't that what makes everyone want to go back to their youth?" Mrs. Han said and just laughed. Yeah, right, Minhee's life was flaring up, suddenly many people appeared in her life, Jungkook and his hyungs, also Daniel. 

When Minhee walked to her usual place, she saw the man. Yes, Jungkook. He was sleeping soundly, laid his head on his hand which was rested on the desk. His eye bags was very visible on his face. 

Jungkook had intended to go to the university today, but his agency suddenly called him because they heard Daniel would do the press con

Jungkook had intended to go to the university today, but his agency suddenly called him because they heard Daniel would do the press con. He actually already knew, Daniel came to him first. He apologized for taking a long time. Daniel's agency didn't want him to do the press con because they assuming this incident would support his popularity. He had to plead to his agency until they finally allowed him. He threatened them that he wouldn't renew his contract if they didn't allow him. Jungkook really appreciated the effort, he was very grateful to him.