Chapter 12 : Friendly Act

Jungkook tightened his hug, he kiss her shoulder as he said. "I can't.. I can't stop myself from getting involved."

--

"E-Eyre... What... do you... mean?" Minhee stuttered. Her heart beat faster and her cheeks getting rosy. The kiss definitely made her shivered. Jungkook's warmth on Minhee's back made her not want to let go. She wanted that warmth to last forever, but... she's aware of her position... of being nobody to Jungkook's life.

Jungkook didn't reply. He drowned in the embrace. Minhee's hair smelled so good that he felt like he was being hypnotized. But it didn't last long. Minhee didn't want to misunderstand the situation as she slowly hold Jungkook's arm to move them. He let go.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook said standing up. Minhee also stood up and turned her body to face Jungkook, her eyes still swollen from crying before. "I don't mean to hug you like that. Ah... I mean, I hugged you just now but... It's not like i like you or anything—"

"So you hate me?" Minhee cut Jungkook. She knew he didn't but the situation was very cute to her. He was shy with his words and it gave her the urge to tease him.

"No! Not like that. I do not hate you. Do not say that, Jane. I mean... I like you... as a friend... Yes! ...as a friend!" He panicked for a second as he looked at her. "I care about you. I do... so... it's natural that i can't stop getting involved in your problem, right?" He continued while looking down, unable to meet Minhee's eyes with that sentence.

She smiled. His answer was expected and she was more than happy with that. Being friends always better than nobody. After all, she already gave up the little idea of being more than friends. She moved closer to Jungkook and hugged him properly.

"Thank you, Eyre." She said as Jungkook surprised at her action, his eyes widen. "And i am hugging you back as a friend." She patted his back to make her action more... friendly.

He let out a small silent sigh, hoping she didn't notice his letdown. It felt different from his hug earlier, but he forced himself to ignore that. He faked a giggle and patted her back too, confirming their friendly act between each other.

"So, do you want to go somewhere or do you want me to walk you home?" He said while they let go of each other.

"Well, it's definitely a tough day to me today... but i think i still can manage to attend my next class." She answered.

"No, you can't. Look at yourself." He giggled. "Look at your eyes. I can't tell it's your eyes or a pair golf balls." He raised his index finger and pointed toward Minhee's eyes with mischief.

Minhee knew her eyes would swell but she didn't know that the swelling would be this bad. She looked at herself on her phone screen using the front camera. Oh yeah, she would attract people's attention for sure. Such a perfect situation for face palming herself.

"But i don't feel like coming home yet. Doing nothing at home will make me think a lot and... You know what i will think about, right... I mean something just happened to me... it's not that i want to be with you or what... I... I just—"

"So you don't want to be with me?" He cut her, pretending to act like Minhee earlier to get revenge.

"Oh please. This is how you want to play?" She rolled her eyes, realizing the act.

"Alright. Alright. So..." He took a second to think and he remembered something as he showed his bunny smile. "How about you go with me and meet my hyungs. You know, the plan failed before but i still want to introduce my best friend to them." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Wow. Now i'm not just a friend anymore. You sure take things fast." She paused to look at his eyes and smiled. "Thanks again, Jeon Jungkook." She continued.