Chapter 20

Astrid's Pov

When I got done in the bath and put on my clothes. I opened the door and Hannah just walked right past me, it's like she didn't even know I was there. I went to Hiccup's room or is it OUR room? I don't know. Anyway I went to Hiccup's room and saw something that made me worried.

Hiccup was scribbling on his notebook really fast, the only other time I've seen him draw that fast was when Snotlout called him a coward. He was really upset that night, I could tell he was hiding his sadness with that sarcastic face he always makes. I clenched my fist when I had another flashback of when Snotlout called Hiccup useless. 

The nights that I would see Hiccup get bullied made me very angry. I wanted to help so bad but I was too concerned that people would start calling me useless as well. I've hated myself ever since the day I found out Hiccup was taken, or at least that's what I thought happened. 

When they declared Hiccup dead I was soo devastated I went into a secret cycle of depression. I never really knew just how much I needed him until it was too late. 

 Some nights I wished I could just join him in Valhalla and apologizes to him because I didn't help him at all. I was too selfish. When Hiccup and I were still friends before I cut him out cause I wanted to become a warrior not a wimp, Hiccup would always help me every time I was sad about something. 

He has always been by my side no matter what. But I wasn't a good friend at all, I abandoned him. But now I am just hoping I could become the good friend that he was to me. 

Maybe more than a friend. 

I sigh. I look through the door again and see Hiccup packing. I head downstairs not wanting to disrupt him. I start looking around the kitchen to see if there is anything I could eat. I opened the cabinets and find fish wrapped in foil.

(I don't know if there were foils in the viking time)

I started walking to the stove when I accidentally tripped and the fish literally flew out of my hands. I close my eyes knowing I will not have a breakfast.

But instead of hearing a loud thud and the fish bouncing, I heard footsteps coming closer to me.

"Are you alright Milady?" 

I opened my eyes only to be greeted with Hiccup's concern face. Hiccup reached out his hand and I took it pulling myself up. I look at his right hand and it seems like he caught the fish. 

"uhh sorry" I said

"for what Astrid?"

"I don't know" I said looking down at the floor ashamed 

Then Hiccup did something that gave me goosebumps. He lifted my chin up to see his gorgeous face. We both looked at each other deeply. Before I knew it I felt myself leaning
closer...
closer.. 

Then all of a sudden the door slams open revealing....Heather..

She looked at me then to Hiccup then back to me. We were still in the position where we were sooo close to kissing. I quickly pull away and so does hiccup. Heather starts walking towards us with a blank expression on her face.

I knew that Heather was going to get mad. I mean I almost kissed her ex and not to mention that they are Best Friends!! I mean I've kissed him before but that was a dare! We were supposed to make out. 

Heather was right in font of me and hiccup. I knew hiccup was going to get yelled at. But to my surprise Heather's blank expression turned into an excited one. What?!? She hugged hiccup really tightly. When she let go she started screaming excitedly.

"Oh My THOR!! I totally ship it!!" Heather said practically screaming at us.

"what?! NO, we aren't a couple" I said 

"We could be though" Hiccup said

"what are you saying Haddock?" I said narrowing my eyes.

Hiccup's Pov

I can't believe I'm doing this. But I have to do it now or else I'll never get the chance to be with her just incase we can't kill Morgana.

"I'm saying. You want to go out with me?"

Astrid smiles at me then hugs me tightly.

"I'd love to" Astrid said letting me go.

"Well we can go out after the trip. We really need those supplies" I said

"Heather is everyone there and ready to go?" I asked

"Yes. I'll tell them your on your way. Bye hiccup" Heather said flying off on Windshear leaving the door open.

"Are you ready Astrid?"

"Uh. Yeah"

"Ok. You can ride with me. It's a long flight so your butt might start to hurt"

"Oh wait I didn't eat breakfast yet"

"Well you go ahead, I'll get your breakfast"

"K, umm. t-thanks" then Astrid walked through the door going down the zip line.

I went to the clubhouse and looked through the cabinets. I found two pieces of yak chops wrapped in foil.

At the arena

As I landed I looked for Astrid and saw her leaning against a pole. I walked over to her and handed her a yak chop. She hugged me AGAIN.

Her hugs are so warm and she smells nice. She let go of me and started eating the yak chop. I already ate mine on the way to the arena. Once Astrid finished I told everyone to go.

We were above the group. Astrid was holding me tightly. I liked it.

No matter what I won't let Morgana have Astrid.

I have soo much homework!! I get homework like everyday!! UGH!!