Chapter 28

Note: Shii I forgot I had to update😭 it's been way too long, srry yall. Anyways here it is.
If I forget to update again, comment bc I'm really bad at remembering things.

Author's POV

Have you ever heard of the multiverse theory? No? It's a theory that there are different versions of life, different versions of Earth al invisible to each other. There might be one with no wars, one where all of humanity is dead, or one with world peace. 

Everyone is connected to another version of themselves. But what happens when there is a tiny tear in space? Something or someone could slip through. When someone ends up in a place they don't belong too, it either goes very good or very bad.

The dark realm

"Ruffnut? How did u get here?" Astrid asked the crazy blondie standing on the other side of the bars wearing clothes similar to the guards and holding an ax.

"I stole my guards keys and then assaulted him while he was taking a nap." Ruffnut explained as the keys twirled around her finger.

"Did just say she assaulted someone?" Heather asked as she stood up wiping away all the dirt from her skirt.

"Yeah, I did, what about it?" said Ruffnut.

"The way you worded it just seemed wrong." said Heather.

"You guys wouldn't understand me, I'm just different. Only Tuffnut, barf and belch can understand me."

"Okay whatever Ruff, get this cell open." said Hannah from behind Astrid and Heather.

"Ugh fine."

Ruffnut inserted the skeleton key and turned it, allowing Astrid and Heather to slide the rusted metal bars.

"You guy's should get this outfit too! We can go stealth mode." Ruffnut said in an enthusiastic yet in a condescending way.

"Shh, we have to whisper." said Hannah.

"Okay." said Ruffnut.

The four girls quietly made their way to the only door in the entire room. Slowly but steadily, Astrid turned the handle and pushed it creating small creaking noises. Opening it just enough for her eye to peak through. 

"One guard, he's sleeping." Astrid quietly said.

"Then lets go." Ruffnut said.

They pushed the door and Ruffnut immediately ran for the sleeping guard and hit him on the head with the flat side of the ax making a loud pop sound. She looked back at the three girls with a proud expression. Astrid sighed and looked down with the not surprised look as she proceeded to walk with Heather and Hannah to Ruffnut.

"Good job Ruffnut." Hannah smiled.

"I know right, I'm actually very smart but no one just believes in me." 

While Hannah and Ruffnut where talking, Astrid and Heather were patting down the guard lying on the ground. 

"I found it." Astrid said.

Astrid held up a rusty skeleton key for Hannah and Heather to see. Hannah snatched the skeleton key from Astrid.

"I think we should split up to cover more ground." Hannah suggested.