Bruises

__________

вrυιѕeѕ

"Where did you get those bruises from?"

Raven's eyes widened at the question. It was a normal question. So simple to ask, yet so hard to answer. If Damian found out where she got them from, he'd worry too much. Of course, she didn't want to answer the question, so she simply pretended to be oblivious.

"W-what? Which b-bruises? I have no b-bruises," she nervously said, avoiding eye contact. She hid her emotions like a pro, not giving away a simple form of feeling. Damian fell for it - or at least, she hoped so.

Damian looked at his girlfriend, with an eyebrow up. There was clearly a variety bruises on her arms and legs. They were even more visible because of how red they looked on her pale, gray skin. He could also see how she was obviously trying a little too hard , to hide her emotions. She was nervous. To a normal person, it would have seemed as if she were fine, but to Damian, he could see her breaking.

"Beloved, don't pretend to be oblivious. There are clearly bruises on your arms and legs, and you are obviously lying, which you're bad at, by the way," he said, narrowing his eyes at her, scanning her face for any form of emotion.

Raven looked down, and kept quiet. She silently cursed herself for wearing a tank top and shorts, but she couldn't help it. Summers in Jump City could get quite hot, at times. How was she going to explain to Damian, how she had gotten the bruises?

Damian's eyes softened, as he thought for a moment.

"Beloved - is someone hurting you?" he asked gently, lifting up her chin. At this point, Raven was trembling, trying to keep herself from crying, or showing how broken she was. Damian could see that she was about to lose it, so he pulled his beloved girlfriend closer, into a warm embrace.

Raven couldn't hold it in anymore.

She gave in.

She grabbed onto Damian's chest, and cried into it, as he held her close. It wasn't everyday, that he saw his girlfriend cry. Damian whispered sweet nothings into his beloved's ear, to calm her down.

"Rae, what's going on?" he softly asked.

"I-it's Trigon. I-I mean, he's been mentally abusing me for quite a few months, but I didn't think it w-would g-get this bad. I didn't e-expect him to manage to physically hurt me too," she softly cried, making Dami hold her closer.

Damian couldn't believe that Trigon had gotten this bad, yet he expected it. He didn't think he'd manage to break Raven. He felt upset, and somewhat extremely pissed at Trigon, and himself. He couldn't do anything to help her. All he could do was comfort her. Raven was his girlfriend. When they were doing 'stuff', how did he not see her marks on her body?

"Ssh. I've got you. And I promise, I'll always be here for you, beloved. Were going to find a way to stop him. I promise," he said softly, kissing her chakra, as he soothed her pain away.

He would find a way to stop Trigon, even if it meant him dying, just to save his love.

His soulmate.