AU: Our Weird Game

Raven's P.O.V

I smiled, as I walked down the Jump City streets, in the rain, making my way to my favourite café. Everyone was doing their own thing, acting as if the rain wasn't even there. That's what I liked about Jump City. We're always happy. We find the beauty in everything, no matter how evil.

Across the road from me, sat my favourite café. The Place. I had been coming here for a few months now. They made the best herbal teas. They made the best cookies too. There was also another reason why I always came here.

I came here on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Why? Because whenever I got here, there was always this really good looking boy, sitting at one of the tables. We never really talked to eachother, in fact, we never did talk to eachother, but we always send eachother smiles and small glances. I know it's kinda creepy, but it's also really sweet. Once, he even sent the waiters to give me a coffee, that he paid for.

I don't know the boy's name, but I really want to. But for now, I'm going to keep playing this game of ours. Making my way across the zebra crossing, in my black combat boots and long purple coat, that was covering my dance costume from my previous dance practice, I looked through the cafe window, a smile appearing on my face when I spotted his dark hair in the cafe.

I skipped across the street, and closed my umbrella, entering the cozy looking cafe. There was a small chandelier in the middle of the room, lighting up the whole cafe. The walls were a beautiful light brown colour, and the tables were covered in a silky yellow cloth. The booths were also a brown colour, but a darker shade than the walls. Towards the back of the cafe, there was a modern looking library, with a couple of giant bean bags to sit on.

I made my way to my usual table, in the corner of the cafe, by the window. I placed my umbrella and my bad down, and looked out the window, gazing at the rain. It was beautiful. Simply amazing.

The little droplets, beautifully falling from the sky, almost looked as if they were dancing. Group by group, drop by drop. God created such beautiful things. The smallest things have the most beauty. It's amazing, and pretty hard to believe.

I then gazed across the cafe, and my eyes met the most beautiful deep hazel eyes. The ones that I had grown to enjoy. The ones that I could never get out of my mind.

I gazed at the hazel eyed man across the room, as he gazed right back me. A blush began to develop on my cheeks. I loved the way he looked at me. It was almost as if he was curious about me, but he thought I was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. As we gazed at eachother, I sent him a small smile, which he returned with a boyish grin, and a wink, making me giggle. Our gazing fest was stopped, when my favourite waiter, and one of my friends, Rose, came to me, grinning.

"Hey Rae! What can I get for you today?" she said, in her naturally chill voice. Rose and I knew eachother from when we were kids. We also used to go to highschool together. A lot had changed, since highschool.

My enemy, Terra, became one of my best friends. Victor and Karen got married, and they have two beautiful baby girls, Veronica and Lucielle. Kori married Dick. Jason now owns his father's company, and he's single as fuck. Artemis is an international model, working for a foreign company. I'm a lawyer, and I'm pretty single. Beastboy is the host of a TV show, and he's met shit tons of celebrities, Garth is an international DJ, Wally is an artist, and Rose works here. The others have all moved to different places.

"Hey Rose! Please, can I have the usual?" asked with a huge grin.

"Of course. Coming right up," she smiled, taking my order, then bouncing off to the kitchen. I chuckled at how bubbly she always was.

When Rose was gone, I once again, I looked across the room, for the hazel eyed man, but I couldn't find him. My eyes furrowed in confusion.

Where is he?

"I can't take this anymore," a deep, silky voice said, from across from me. My eyes widened, and I looked across from me. I gasped, when I saw the hazel eyed man.

"Can't take what? And how did you get here?" I asked, still in shock.

"Can't take not knowing who you are. And I walked here while you were searching for me," he chuckled, sending me a grin, that made my knees weak.

"So tell me about yourself," he said, taking a sip of his coffee, as he leaned his arms on the table.

"O-oh. Well. My name's Rachel Raven Roth. I'm a dancer and lawyer. I live alone in a Pent house, and I'm twenty," I said, surprising myself at how casually I said that. The man chuckled, and sent me a grin.

"Well, nice to meet you, Rachel. I'm Damian Wayne. I'm the CEO of Wayne Inc. I used to live with my dad and three brothers, Dick, Jason and Tim, but now that I'm older, I have my own place and I'm twenty-one," he said, in his deep voice. My eyes widened.

"Wait. Dick and Jason are your brthers? You're the fourth Wayne boy?" I asked, curiously.

"Yeah. You know my brothers?" he asks, with an eyebrow up.

"Yeah! We went to highschool together, and they're good friends of mine. Wow. I never knew they had a fourth brother," I chuckled, smiling at how cute he looked, when he had his eyebrow up. Rose sent some random waitor back, with my herbal tea, and I thanked him, before looking at Damian again.

"Yeah, I didn't live with them until three years ago. I was living with my mom for a bit," he shrugged, smiling.

"Ya know, if I had known my brothers had such a beautiful friend, I would have come back to Jump City earlier than expected," he flirted, making me chuckle, and blush.

"Well, you're not too bad yourself," I grinned.

Damian and I chatted for the whole afternoon, and soon, we were easily best friends. I even got his number. He seemed like a pretty calm and sweet guy, and I liked that. I liked it a lot.

This is why I like rainy days. The rain dancers, people call rain drops, brought me good luck.