#4 : Challenge accepted

Summary : your best friend Riley Davis is a real Cupid and since you've been single for a while now, her goal is to set you up with one of her best friends, Angus MacGyver.

To set you in the mood :

This morning, the sun was shining, but the awakening had been quite rude and as you felt like you had time to get back to sleep for a while, you made the mistake of pressing the snooze button and now, you are late for work. So, you rushed into the bathroom to get ready as fast as you could, took an apple in your fridge, put your heels on, and grabbed your car key. Work was not far from home, but you hate when people are late, so you try to be right on time, even if it's something you have not mastered yet. Despite the fact that you were running out of time, you decided to stop at y/fav/coffee/shop to order a latte, always with the aim of waking you up.

As you rushed outside of the coffee shop, your heel got stuck in the broken pavement of the sidewalk, in addition to your silly look as you were unable to move your leg, trying to get your heel out, you broke it. And if that was not enough, when you pulled your leg out, you accidentally gave a kick to the guy who was walking past you. Embarrassed, you raised your head in order to look at him, that's when you came face-to-face with his sparkling blue eyes as he was staring at you.

« Ouch! Are you training for a soccer team ? » he said, giving you a little smile.

«Sure, I'm part of the national soccer in heels league » you replied, which had him laughing.

« Do you need help to fix it ?» he asked, looking at your broken heel in your hand.

« I don't want to question your abilities, but I doubt you can do something for it.» you said, watching your badly damaged shoe. « Oh okay, challenge accepted ». You peered at him as he entered the coffee shop and came out with a stir stick, « you don't have to, I live nearby, I can quickly go back home and... ». While you were talking, he took a red swiss army knife from his pocket and made a little hole in the broken heel and in the base of the shoe. He put the little stir stick in it, put it together, and before you had finished your sentence, he gave it back to you. « What do you say now ? ».

« I have to admit that I'm quite impressed, thanks! » you replied with a smile, and both of your shoes on your feet. «Your coffee must be cold now, can I get you another one ? » he asked with a sparkling gaze. « I would love to, but I am already late for work, maybe next time. » you replied as you were walking away, thinking at how gorgeous this guy was and how dumb you were to not ask his name. But, it was too late to go back.

You were about to leave your office after a long day of meetings and negotiations when your best friend Riley called you. « Hey y/n, do you remember the guy I work with, whom I have already talked you about ? ». Considering that you've been single for a year now, her new activity is to find someone to set you up with, and according to her, a certain Angus MacGyver would be the perfect candidate. As you knew that she had something in mind, you answered : « briefly, why ? ».

« We are all going to his place tonight, so I thought it would be a great idea if you would come with me. ». You could feel how excited she was on the other side of the phone and before you had time to answer, she goes on : «come around 8pm and it will be perfect, I text you the address immediately. ». Now, you have no other choice that to go there, but after all, at worst you've got nothing to lose and at best you will maybe meet someone great.