#23: Swiss Army Knife

Summary: You'll see :)

To set you in the mood:

"You are not going anywhere." You said, grasping the shoulder of the guy you had been chasing through 4 streets.

He was about to free himself from your hold when you pulled out your gun: "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Turning around to join the car that was waiting for you, two guys appeared. "Dibs!" Yelled one of them.

You narrowed your eyes and frowned. What kind of kindergarten sentence was that?

"Uh, excuse me? Get out of my way please." You walked past them.

The blond one wearing a brown leather jacket started: "Trust me when I tell you that you're in way over your head with this one. Let us take it from here."

You slowed down and squinted at them: "What's your business with this man?"

The oldest man answered: "Our business is our business. We are federal agents and you're a bail bond agent so, ..."

No apparent sign of their status, dressed normally, but fitted enough to the field and no name given.

"So, you're Phoenix?"

They looked at each other, quite taken aback.

"Well, we—"

He didn't even get the time to finish that the captive threw an elbow at you, right in your jaw. Gritting your teeth to muffle the sharp pain, your legs mechanically started to run after him. Followed by the two agents, the criminal had benefited from the surprise effect he had delivered. He was considerably ahead of you all as he took the emergency stairs of a side building.

"What is this guy, like an Olympic sprinter or something?"

"Yeah, didn't you read his file? It was in the special skills section." Sarcastically told one to the other.

You stopped. If you couldn't physically reach him, you had to find something that would. Considering your surroundings, the cogs started to spin in your head. You took apart the light that was on the outside wall of the building and drew towards you the electrical wires.

"Wait!" You yelled at them as they just went past you. "Don't touch the rail!" You placed the bare cable on the rail. Immediately, the escape artist received an electric shock as he placed his hand on the now electrified rail and fainted.

"That was some Mac level kind of arrest." Said the man with the gun as he went to cuff the criminal.

"Some what?" You asked.

The blonde guy walked a few steps to join you: "I'm MacGyver. Mac." With a smile, he extended his hand, which you grasped while maintaining eye contact.

He cleared his throat and without losing hold of your hand added: "Uh, it's MacGyver or Mac. You can... call me either one."

"All right MacGyver or Mac. I'm y/n." You looked at the handshake that was still going on and he broke it.

"Well y/n, that was...impressive." You smiled as you never know how to reply to compliments.

"And definitely left a mark." He said, pointing at your face.