#16 : Impossible

Summary: Working for the CIA, Matty Weber recruited you for a mission that might be a turning point, just not in the way you thought.

To set you in the mood:

Excited about your new assignment in Los Angeles, you confidently walked in the hall to get to the war room.

You pushed the heavy wooden door, wondering about the team you'll be working with.

« Punctual, I like that. » You immediately recognized the famous director of operations, Matty Webber, who got you the job.

Three people entered the room, you shook hands and were about to introduce yourself when Matty interrupted you: « Where is blondie? »

« He's fixing something in the lab. He should be there in a minute. » told (if you remembered well),  Riley.

Another member? Well, the more the merrier.

You looked at the screen where some information was already displayed.

« Even our agent on-loan from the CIA got here on time. Take notes Macgyver. »

« I'm just a fraction of a second late. »

Macgyver?! You took your eyes off the screen and quickly turned around. Your ears didn't fail you, that was him. A tall man with ocean eyes, hands behind his back, mark of his military training. Judging by his face, he was as surprised as you did.

Jack laughed and Matty looked at him in a way you don't want to experience. « I just love when someone other than me is in the doghouse, that's all. »

She rolled her eyes. « Anyway, here is y/n. Mac, I think you two were in the same promo at spy school. »

It was just a simple and one time only mission. Pulling yourself together, you just had to be you: « Good to see you again. You look a little older though. »

He raised an eyebrow and with a you-wanna-play-it-like-this-then-let's-do-it kind of smile said: « Likewise. As candid as always. »

Jack was visibly amused by the situation: « Old rivalry buddies, nice. »

Before you had time to say anything else, Matty embarked upon what brought you here.

« May we get back to the op now? Thanks. » She took the tablet and added more info to the screen. « Meet Boris Mitrovic. He plans on selling a biological canister to the highest bidder tonight. So, I'm sending you all to Spain. »

« Great! I love paella! » exclaimed Jack.

« Except you Dalton. » The disappointment  was clear on his face. « This is a reception for young and hip couples. » 

Please don't Matty, don't.

« So, Riley you'll be with Bozer and y/n, Mac'll be your date for the night. »

Crap.

—————————

After your entrance at the arm of Mac, you decided to take the tour alone. You moved a little away and a sculpture (most likely stolen) caught your attention. The light placed just above it enabled you to see every detail.

You felt a hand on your back. « Es un obra magnífica. ¿No? » A man in his sixties with a terrible breath and clearly wandering hands was standing only a couple inches from you.