#10 : Easier

Summary : you're a well-known biochemist and have already worked with the Phoenix Foundation in the past. This time, it's a little different. You have to recover your own files, stolen a few days ago. But as always, it doesn't turn out as expected. At least, not the way you think.

To set you in the mood : 

You opened the bathroom door just when the agent you're working with was about to knock on it. He looked at you from head to toe, eyes wide open. He seemed surprised, nothing got out of his mouth. Kind of embarrassed, you could feel your cheeks turning red and looked down. Which made you realize why did he react like this.

« Oh sorry! It was the only thing in the bathroom and I thought that they would recognize me with this dress on. » throwing a look behind you at the designer dress on the edge of the bath tub.

« No, you did right. Um... great idea.» he said, pointing at the curtain holder you tied around your waist.

« I improvised one. It wasn't really my size.» looking at the loose piece of fabric his shirt let falls on your skin.

« I got a text from Matty, there is a car waiting for us. We should go. »

You grabbed your bag and hurried up to follow agent Macgyver. You know that he doesn't joke about it and that time is short when it comes to bad guys who would rather not see you alive.

You followed him in the corridor, trying to walk naturally, hiding your sweaty palms by crossing your arms. It's not like it was the first time you were in this kind of situation but still, you never get used to it. Well yes, being threatened is quite frequent when you are working on biological technologies. For some reasons, a lot of criminals are interested in this topic. When you work with Phoenix, you're often paired with Mac because of his science skills. He's quite impressive at it, even for a major like you.

You made your way out of the hotel where the trade was supposed to happen. At least, before Mac and you retrieved it.

« Y/n go straight to the car okay? I will be there in two minutes. » he whispered it so low that you barely heard. He looked extremely focused, it wasn't the right time to question what he said.

You got ahead from him when you noticed on the ground the shadows of two men. You sped up the pace as subtly as you could. When you felt a hand on your shoulder, you swiftly turned back. You had to do something waiting for Mac. So you started to yell at one of them.

« What are you doing here?! I thought we agreed on never seeing each other again! » Furrowing brow, the man was looking confused. Saving time, exactly what you wanted.

« Why didn't you call me back instead of showing up in my life like... Like a corn grain in a popcorn bag?! » This actually came out of your mouth, you didn't know how come you imagined such a metaphor. Aware that it totally sucked, all your hopes rested on Mac. An engine rustling in the distance made you expect him to arrive. To gain a few seconds, you added more drama and slapped the guy.

« This is for letting me alone when I needed you, I was so... »

« Y/n! » Mac stopped the car next to you for a few seconds, enough to jump in without being caught. Looking in the rear view mirror, you saw the guys rushing to their cars. Weirdly they couldn't move, something was blocking their wheels. You immediately understood what Mac did when he left you.