#7 : Like a dream

Summary : completely exhausted you fell asleep on the couch, weirdly your dream retraces your story with Mac.

To set you in the mood : 

You stepped outside, closed the door behind you and crossed the street of the sweet neighborhood where you settled down two days ago. It was a lovely one, and quite surprising, despite the fact that it's only twenty minutes from the center of Los Angeles, the streets were calm and the houses were at a reasonable distance from each other.

You decided to go to the house who is right in front of yours. You knocked on the door and while waiting for someone to open, you saw your reflection in the glass. Realizing that you were about to meet your first « I live alone » neighbor and looked like a mess. You were wearing an old extra-size shirt from your brother, a messy bun on your head, just a little of mascara and probably smelling like dust. In a hurry, you tucked the front of your shirt in your jeans, removed the hair tie from your hair and in the rush made it fell on the ground. You grabbed it and as you stood up, the door opened.

« Hey, can I help you? ». A tall blonde guy opened the door. You must admit that he was quite charming with his blue eyes, which made you stumbled for a quick moment.

« Hi, I'm your new neighbor. I've just moved in but I've a problem with my fuses who constantly blow out. My battery just died and I can't find my charger, do you have one that I could borrow? Only a few minutes so that I could call my dad or maybe an electrician. » you didn't have to tell him everything, you look so desperate, it's pathetic.

« Yes sure, I'm gonna get it. I'll be right back. ». He disappeared for a minute.

« Here, take it. ». He handed you the wire.

« Thank you, by the way, I'm Y/N. ». You held out your hand with a smile, he did the same and you shook hands.

« Nice to meet you Y/N, I'm MacGyver... Angus...It's Angus or MacGyver, you can call me... either one. But, in fact everyone's calling me Mac so... ».

« Oh okay, well, thank you... Mac for the charger. I will bring it back as soon as my phone powers up.» you smiled to him and started walking back towards your home.

« Y/N? ». The door was not even closed that you heard someone calling you. You opened the door to the fullest and saw Mac, the nice neighbor you've just met, standing in front of you.

« Mac? Oh, you need it? » you said looking at the charger still in your hand.

« No no, you can keep it. I just thought that maybe I could take a look at your electrical panel? I mean, if you want to. It would be quicker than calling an electrician and easier to unpack all these boxes.» he said, looking at all these stacks of boxes dragging all over the floor. Okay and of course he is really kind, I hope the lights won't turn back on too soon.

« If that's okay with you, sure! Come in! ».

********

«They didn't agree on much. In fact, they didn't agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other every day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.». His voice had the power to appease you, every word was progressively taking you away from the rest. You were in his arms, eyes closed, your head lying on his chest, a blanket wrapped around you two, reading together by the fire on this magnificent starry night. You turned your head and looked at him. He was so focused on his reading, his blue eyes sweeping the words of the book.