#20 : Your Hand

Summary: Matty sent the whole team to an important gala in order to steal a hard drive and book its owner. For once, your cover allowed you to be with Mac (your boyfriend for 2 years now) as in everyday life.

To set you in the mood:

"Babe, I think they forgot to send us fortune cookies." You told Mac as you were rummaging in the delivery bag.

Convinced you had ordered them, they were the cherry on top of a casual (and unusual) cosy evening home.

"No, they did. I got them right here."

You smiled and came to join him in the living room. Snuggling up on the sofa, his arm around your shoulders, there was no better place on earth.

"I love you y/n"

You raised your brows and turn to face him, he rarely ever says it out of nowhere.

"I love you too"

Mac scratched the back of his head and said: "You know what? If in 50 years we're here doing the exact same thing-TV and getting Chinese food- I'll be the luckiest man alive. So,..."

*ring ring*

Your phone was buzzing on the table. To your surprise, Mac looked down and pressed his lips for a second. "It's Matty, sorry" you apologized before picking up.

"Are you with Blondie? Of course you are, what a question. Put me on speaker please"

Mac straightened his back and said: "We're listening"

" I need you and the team to collect a hard drive containing info on John Kendrick's next attack. He and his wife are hosting a very private party, that's our way in. Once the package is secured, you lock him up."

————————————

Sliding your hand on the wrought iron railing, you stopped at the last flight of stairs left to go down. You swept the room, crowded of major people from the industry, until your eyes fell on him.

He was standing there, a blue suit on, his gold hair perfectly slicked back.

When Mac turned his head, his ocean eyes immediately locked on you. He slightly shifted his head away and with a simple coy smile, set your cheeks on fire.

Even if you felt more comfortable in your everyday clothes, you must admit that for once, being all dressed up was really pleasant.

Other guests were arriving behind you, so you moved on carefully to not trip on the nylon black carpet.

Mac gently grabbed your hand and said: "Ms. Greene, you are stunning tonight." He got closer and whispered: "Even if, to me, you look perfect in your Sunday pajamas too."

Some ops were funnier than others, being sent undercover with your long-time boyfriend was definitely one of these.

"Alright guys, we have some serious badassery in here tonight. Three on the FBI's most wanted just in front of you, and two Interpol on your left." stated Riley through the coms. She pursued: "Kendrick and his wife are still at the bar, so you're good for now."

Walking in the mansion's large ballroom, you falsely greeted some people and made small talk with others. Both of you made sure the cover looked realistic (which wasn't too difficult), while keeping an eye on the criminal you came for.