#14 : Breathe (part two)

Summary: Mac asked you to move in together, but you didn't get it. After a doorbell trick, Mason kidnapped you. In order to save you, Mac agreed to work with him. 

To set you in the mood: Later in the story :)

On my way to the meeting, I didn't know what to expect. I was feeling nervous, so I made a quick stop at a gas station to buy some chewing-gum and got back on the road.

I stopped and parked my car in a (weirdly) pleasant neighbourhood as Mason told me to, and followed his instructions. My phone buzzed several times in my pocket. I looked at the screen: 6 missed calls from Jack, as much from Riley and 4 from Matty. Probably all wondering where I was and why did I left so hurriedly. Turning it off, I walked a few meters and got into the grey car.

« Right on time, MacGyver. » That voice. The voice who is having fun taking every person I care about away from me. I may have done a lot of missions, but having to work with him is definitely one of the hardest.

« What do you want from me? » I asked, trying to get this done as quickly as possible.

« See this house? » he said, pointing at a white residence across the street.« I want to hear a boom in a few hours. »

I had to play his game, so I pursued. « Who's living there? » He didn't seem willing to give me this information. « If I have to kill someone, I would rather know who it is. » There were several toys scattered around the house.

« An old acquaintance's son. »

Mason only wanted to get revenge for his son's death. I bet this guy's family had nothing to do with all of this, just like y/n. « There is no way I'm going to do that. »

« What's her name again? Y/n, right? That's a lovely name. It will look great on her grave. » he said, shaking a little remote.

I clenched my fist and jaw, restraining myself. As I was about to get out of the car, he caught my arm. « Just to prevent you from doing something stupid, give me your phone. ». Now, I know how Jack feels when I crush his.

I crossed the street and got to the visibly empty house. He wanted me to do it, or he would have killed y/n. I had no choice, but I wasn't going to kill innocent people, so I tricked him.

I stayed in the house for about 20 minutes. I used different household products, moved some floorboards. Exactly, how it should have looked like.

The toughest part would be convincing him that I actually did it.

« Done. » I stated, as I was back in the vehicle.

Mason handed me a paper with an address on it. It felt too easy. He hated me and everything that meant to me. He must had seen the surprise on my face because he added: « A deal is a deal mister MacGyver ».

I didn't want to lose another second with him. I got in my car, entered the information in the GPS and started driving. Stepping on the gas maybe a little harder than I should have, I kept telling myself that something was wrong.

************

Judging by the massive concrete door, the place was an old underground fallout shelter. Knowing who I was dealing with, I took a look at the handle and at the contour of the door just to make sure it was clear. Once it was checked, I opened it, reassured that I had finally found her.

Hurriedly walking in this cold, dark corridor, I yelled several times: « Y/n! ». I tried to not think about the freezing temperature, the stuffy odour, and everything that she must have gone through.