#19 : Christmas magic

Summary: After a though mission Mac helps you to get into the Christmas spirit.

To set you in the mood:

What a great feeling it is to wake up without an alarm. However, your hyperactive side can't stay under the blankets all day, even with that man by your side.

You got out of bed which earned you a questioning look from Mac.

"Do you know what time is it?"

"Time to go back to bed with me?" Mac said, reaching for your hand.

His charming smile and messy hair brought a part of you on the edge of the bed. "Unfortunately" you started. He placed a soft kiss on your lips, requiring you to gather all your common-sense to not return to it.

You broke apart and said: "Unfortunately, we can't stay here forever."

You opened the curtains and lowered your head as every day since December had started. Not a single clue of a white mantle on the horizon.

"I don't know why I'm still hoping to see snow in L.A. That's pretty impossible."

Mac came behind you and wrapped you in his arms, placing his chin on your naked shoulder his shirt displayed. Both heads looking at the breathtaking view his room offered.

"Just because something is impossible doesn't mean you shouldn't hope."

You tilted your head and said: "You always have an answer to everything, have you?"

You kissed him and his phone started to ring. A few seconds later, it was yours.

"I'm not going to have an answer if Matty asks us about why are we late." he teased with a smirk.

You laughed and then both texted her that you were on your way.

————————

Matty sent all of you to Ecuador in order to stop a weapon trade. Except that the information were not accurate and they were way many people to catch. Despite all your efforts, the head of the group escaped.

The missing picture on the screen of the war room was probably the reason why your jaw was so clenched.

"Alright guys, I know you did your best even with the lack of intel. Six out of seven is still a good score." You rolled your eyes. "Now, go get some rest and Merry Christmas." finished Matty, gathering documents scattered all over the coffee table.

You knew that you didn't have to, but you wanted to apologize to her anyway.

The rest of the team headed towards the door and Mac was already aware of what you wanted to do.

"I'll see you at home" he left a sweet kiss on your cheek and disappeared.

You came closer to where your boss was standing and started: "Look Matty, I—"

"I did what I had to do in order to protect the team and I was absolutely right. That's what you were about to say?"

She caught you off guard. The trust she has in each of you is definitely unfailing.

Even if it wasn't't your fault, you would blame yourself for the 1/7 fail of the mission at least for a couple of days, or until the next mission. Anyway, you smiled and before exiting the room concluded: "Thank you, Matty."