#12 : Just a link

Summary : Mac had been on mission for 2 months now and as busy as you try to keep yourself, the missing feeling doesn't disappear. Each few minutes call, each text was priceless, but this one was beyond.

To set you in the mood : you'll see as you read :)

Sitting on the couch, you were typing frenetically on your laptop. Focused on your report, nothing could distract you. At least, except the sound of your phone buzzing on the table.

You quickly stood up to take it. But still, waited a couple seconds before looking at the screen. Probably to remember that it was most likely to be someone else.

With Mac on mission, communication was quite complicated. Sure, you could call and text each other but time-zones make it difficult. Most importantly, you don't want to distract him. 

You turned the phone and looked at the screen. It's him! You unlocked the phone to see the text and surprisingly there is just a link. With the very few amounts of message he can send, he usually writes a lot. Telling you how Jack keeps making Die Hard references and how Matty threats him to send him back if he doesn't stop. He also asks a lot about your day, how you're doing, when both times of the day matches. He made sure to set his watch at your time to never wake you up accidentally.

Excited but a little intrigued, you clicked on the link.

Music came out loudly from your phone. It got you so surprised, you didn't think that Mac would have remembered this.

*******

« Bozer! » said Riley annoyed as the water balloon hit her before she had time to remove her jacket.

It was boiling hot on this day of August in Los Angeles. What could a bunch of adult friends do on such a day other than that?

« Hey that's the game. Rule number one, once you're outside there are no rules anymore ».

Everybody was trying to avoid to balloons of the other, running barefoot in the grass of Mac's backyard. The sound of music merged to the laughs. Moments like these are so valuable, even more in your lines of work.

« Got you » you yelled as the water balloon exploded on Mac's head.

« Just wait till I catch you! » he said with a radiant smile. Taking it as a dare, you started to run and of course he followed you.

« Y/n, Y/n » chanted Matty and Riley loudly.

You dissolved into laughter seeing all the missed balloons Mac threw at you. Running and laughing at the same time are definitely not the best ingredient for a good endurance. He finally caught you up and grabbed you by the waist. He got you closer to him and lifted you up.

« What are you doing?! » you asked, perfectly aware of where you would end.

As you had expected, the inflatable pool Bozer found in the storeroom was getting closer.

« Mac puts me down » you said, weakly struggling. You were not in the worst conditions either. A few seconds later, he threw you in it.

« That was not what I meant. »

He reached out to help you get out of it.

« Oh you're coming with me? » without him having time to realize, you pulled his hand and he landed in the pool as well.

« Girls won! » said Riley.

With your arms around his neck he whispered :  « Can I say I won too? »