#17 : One last thing

Summary: A usual after mission check-up takes an unexpected turn.

To set you in the mood:

« Apart from this cut, anything I should be aware of? » asked the doctor, stitching your arm's wound.

You thought back to the mission, trying to remember any important detail. You don't live usual days, feelings are intensified, so it's a little complicated to notice something.

A big yawn interrupted the attempted memories' flow.

« You look exhausted. »

Slightly embarrassed by this sudden lack of grace, you said: « Sorry! I just came back and jet lag isn't helping. » This was one of a mission. Recalling the runs between the streets of Jakarta, the stakeouts when Jack and Bozer argued about whose turn it was to grab snacks.

Oh, the food.

« Thinking about it, I might have had a couple troubles with the food there. Sago worms got me really nauseous at some point. » Jack's idea to try local food was definitely not appreciated by your stomach. Riley could attest to that, she was there to hold your hair more than once.

The doctor was nearly done, but he slowed down and told you: « That could have been food poisoning or something else. I would like to get a blood sample, just to make sure everything is alright. Is it okay with you? »

« Sure! » The confidence in your voice was most likely hiding a hint of anxiety. First, because nobody likes blood test and then, « something else » what could that mean?

He stood up to take what he needed and in three minutes, that was it.

You sat at his desk to sign the last papers in order to get out of his office and finally relax.

« I'll send it to Phoenix's lab, that'll be quicker. I should have the result by the end of the day. »

You thanked him and walked towards the door.

« One last thing. » He said, squinting to your file. Probably trying to correlate your symptoms with your information. « When did you last get your period? »

Blank, no clue.

Time, days and dates don't mean anything when you are on another continent, preventing a man to spread a virus. As finding the answer was difficult, you froze up.

In a useless attempt to reassure you, he concluded with a smile: « The blood draw will show us what we need. Now, go home and get some rest. »

——————————

After a quick stop at the nearest Target, you parked your car in the driveway and noticed that Mac's wasn't there. He must still be explaining to Matty how he used a can, a flare and the car's plug to outride the cops.

That left you, at least, a quarter of an hour alone.

You hurriedly dropped all your stuff next to the giant polar bear in the hall. Making sure to take the rectangular box, you zipped to the bathroom.

Bridget Jones, Twilight, we've all seen these stereotyped films. You know this moment when the girl sets the 3 minutes timer, sitting nervously on the bathtub? Well, if we added the nail biting and the short breath, you were exactly like this.