Rules

What is the most important information I should know about?

✓ Prospective NBR members should apply with a chapter they'd like to Spotlight. Once the screeners have approved their chapters, the critique/review screening will begin.  

✓ Past NBR members should reapply with a chapter they'd like to Spotlight. They will not have to go through review screening again, though.

✓ A member must commit to at least three months of participation.

▪  Dropping out early without a VERY good reason will put them on the 'Naughty List.'

▪  Once they've been placed on the Naughty List, they may be permanently banned from the NBR Spotlight.

▪  Why? Because it is rude to suddenly disappear without notice.

✓ Hiatuses:

▪  A member may request a one-round (two weeks) hiatus during their first three months.

▪  After the first three months of active participation, the members in good standing may request a two-round (one month) hiatus without penalty.

▪  Members who require longer hiatuses should notify a moderator and drop from the club until they can commit again.

▪  Regardless of length of hiatus, members must notify the moderator at least one day before the round begins (except in the case of illness or deaths in the family).

✓ A member who doesn't follow the NBR Spotlight rules may be stripped of their membership after receiving three strikes. But we don't like using the word strike, so we'll use the word pencils. After receiving three pencils or pens if you prefer, we will walk you out the NBR doors and wish you the best in your "writing" endeavors.

✓ If you miss more than one round (two weeks) without notifying the moderators:

▪  You will be removed from the queue.

▪  You will have to make-up the two rounds you missed before you were dropped and reapply to join.

✓ Your spotlight places can carry-over from the previous season (e.g. if you win a TC, CR, prompt, or BOC challenge) onto the future season.

✓ If you join, you MUST comment. What goes around comes around, friends.

✓ You cannot opt out of reading a required chapter unless you have a very legitimate reason. (Please DM the @NextBigRecognition account with a well-qualified reason why you must pass on the story. If approved, the moderators will inform the spotlight author. Please do not notify the author yourself. You may be assigned an alternate chapter to review.)

When exactly do the Spotlight seasons begin and end?

#NBR is year-round with four planned breaks and one round extension: