THE SPOTLIGHT: Season III, Issue 1

The long-awaited start of NBR's third season has arrived! Welcome back to all returning members, and warm greetings to those just starting their journey with us! You'll learn about some of the new changes here, but first, let's get to know one another. Shall we?

Did you know that NBR is one of Wattpad's longest ongoing literary groups?

Why? You ask.

NBR is brimming over with talent and diversity. Our ranks are full of Watty's Longlisters, Shortlisters, and even a few winners. Not to mention a few authors that have been published.

The spotlighted authors and genres are as diverse as they come, and the standards we uphold in our professional circle of friends are unsurpassed. But don't be fooled. We love to have fun, too, compete in a friendly contest now and then, and, above all, love supporting our fellow members.

NBR, then, is much more than just a book club: it is a fraternal organization that promises long-term support, advice, and friendships. The proof is in the vast numbers of returning members. Their time is precious, and we know yours is too, so we've geared season three toward enabling our authors to do what they love most.

Write!

To new members, we know that you'll agree: NBR is, hands down, the best literary group on Wattpad—you'll see. You'll see a rise in followers, and network with like-minded authors. And when your turn comes in the spotlight each time around, you'll get a slew of Votes, fistfuls of useful and thoughtful comments and suggestions, and you'll become a better writer.

Reviewing the works of others is the quickest ways to spot the flaws in your own writing. And once you see the errors we've all made—and how to remedy them—your writing will improve exponentially.

NBR is abuzz with enthusiasm for its new members, but there are several changes being announced this season that are just as exciting. First, each round runs for two weeks! We all have demanding schedules, and we realize that the flexibility of longer review periods is essential. How do we know? Members have spoken, and we've listened. By the way, you'll find that your suggestions are always met with an open mind. If you have an idea, please do not hesitate to step forward and voice it. Our DM door is always open.

During season three, there will be four spotlighted chapters each round. That amounts to approximately one chapter every four days. And, again, you can review at your own pace. Some like to get right to it. Others find themselves plucking away at reviews over the course of a round. And that's fine. We get it.

And now, onto the awards!

Are you a Grammar Guru, Pro Plotter, or Dialogue Dissector? Maybe you're a Master Wordsmith, a Monarch of Action, or have a knack for building unbelievably real characters. And these are just some of the twelve brand-new awards you can achieve through NBR, in addition to the coveted Triple Crown and Champion Reviewer. The twelve new awards are presented quarterly and are gained by earning the vote of the Spotlighted Authors each Round. The NBR reviewer who has the most votes cast for any given award wins! But be advised, NBR, these newbies are not merely participation awards, they are awards for excellence in participation, so you'll have to earn your dues if you want the fame and glory.