THE SPOTLIGHT: Season III, Issue 10

It's hard to put into words what this NBR season has meant to me

It's hard to put into words what this NBR season has meant to me. I remember when I first joined the ranks back some three years ago: the nervousness, the tension, the inadequacies—and then the great friendships that I found through our unique and selective group washed all those troubling thoughts away like a cleansing brook. What followed can only be described as love (in the reviews and feedback I received).

NBR has been pivotal in my writing journey. I've learned so much and have had the awesome opportunity to help others out as I have been helped. "Full-circle" certainly describes my experience, and yet I find myself at a similar point in my writing career now.

Is my writing good enough? Do I have what it takes?

The answer is—without a doubt—yes!

Moving forward, I am armed with the knowledge that I can power through my obstacles. I know that I am able to connect with others who share my dream to become the best authors we can be, and who genuinely wish to help a fellow author out. And I, them.

And, so, it is not goodbye, NBR. It is until we meet again.

We are all still on our paths in this complex and topsy-turvy writing universe. Our objectives have not changed, but we are enabled with a greater understanding and a renewed vigor to accomplish the goals that we each have. We've come through blood and fire. Use it to level-up.

And know this: you will always have friends in NBR. And it's never too late to reach out and approach someone that has given you some keen insight, someone that has lent a helping hand. Someone that you feel that has clicked with you. And you, them.

Don't shy away.

Everyone needs some along the way. Chances are that they need you in their passage as a writer as much as you need them. So reach out! Link up with your fellow NBR members. We are all like-minded individuals who have sought out the affirmations and the keen-eyes of our peers. We are one.

And while you zero in on those that might help you on your own journey, please take a breather from life's demands and inhale the last NBR newsletter of the season. I hope the encouragement and thoughtful comments only propel you further to strive onward toward fulfilling your writing goals.

Also in this issue, there's a special MBR mini prompt, and, of course, the Spotlighters section. Oh, and I've made a special section where you can leave your own messages at the end of this newsletter. Use it to say thank you, goodbye, or network with members.

It has been a high honor for me to be counted as one of the NBR elite: we are the best-of-the-best. To be certain, this is not the end. It is the beginning. Go forth, NBR, spread your wings and fly and dance and sing and write! You've all earned the prestige that comes with being an NBR member. 

Represent.

We are not signing off—only signing on to create our own vision of ourselves for the world to consume.