THE SPOTLIGHT: Season III, Issue 7

Hello, NBR!

Hello, NBR!

Wow! Another month has passed. The year is already flying by!

We have a bunch of great things for you in this installment. There's a great duality article that is a continuation of Literary Alchemy by redtoadmedia. A great piece by painebook which made me give pause to ponder the priorities in my own life.

So important. Don't sweat the small stuff, folks.

Need a few pointers to get noticed more on Wattpad? Check out the insightful tips provided in this issue by kemorgan65.

Of course, we have our lovely Spotlighters section for those that are getting ready to be featured and for reviewers alike.

And—wait. What's that? Cupid is fluttering down and taking over the Special Announcements section. I wonder what this could mean?

As always, enjoy reading (so glad that you do). And in an issue soon, I hope to see you!

Michael Holiday - Editor in Chief

By redtoadmedia

By redtoadmedia

We have looked at colors and their symbolism in the stages of alchemy, how these relate to story. We've looked at ring structure. The next thing to look at in our study of literary alchemy is duality.

Duality pops up in ring structure. If you have a plot that looks like this:

ABCBA or AABBBCCCCBBBAA

Then you'll have reflections of events. Ring structure in a real sense uses this principle of duality. What happens in section A gets revisited or resolved as the plot circles back. However, duality can be applied to your character roles. In my own work, my main character Sara has a twin sister, Marilla. There's obvious duality. Marilla is a doppelganger. But Sara also has a nemesis, Chantal, her shadow.