THE SPOTLIGHT: Season III, Issue 6

Happy New Year, NBR!

It's the start of a new year. Our resolutions have been made, perhaps some already broken. That's okay. I broke one of mine on day four.

Our aspirations are etched into our dreaming hearts and minds. And with that comes the smothering burdens we place on ourselves to achieve those ends. Some of us will blow past our goals, setting sail onto new and greater ones in the wake of our achievements. Others will crash and burn—reset and try again. And some will surrender to defeat.

And we've all tasted the bitterness of defeat.

So, if you are making progress on those goals—that's great! Keep going!

But if you are teetering on the edge of failure, or if you have fallen—world rising up as you plunge to the ground—know this.

You are not alone.

I had an epiphany this past Sunday, and I'd like to share it with everyone. Read on, into this issue for my kernel of insight, and a possible glimpse into the future that may befall many of you. We've managed to track down NBR's current Champion Reviewer (CR), SapphireAlena and asked her a few questions on how she claimed the CR Crown—a must read for those who think they've got what it takes to dethrone her.

*takes a deep breath* And that's not all!

There is the exciting announcement of NBR's quarterly awards! And, if you are still waiting patiently, we have a ton of NBR members to guide you through the mental and physical challenges of the NBR Spotlight when your time comes.

Fear not, NBR, 2019 is ours for the taking. Let's do this!

Michael Holiday - Editor in Chief

First thing is first

First thing is first. I must tend to a little housekeeping error on my part —an unintentional oversight that can go on no longer. It has been brought to my attention that we had a second Triple Crowner recently. Not only that, this is her second Triple Crown!