NBR SPOTLIGHT ROUND 12

COMMENTING TIME FRAME:

Monday, March 18 - Sunday, March 31, 2019, 11:59 PM (CDT)

MODERATOR: veilofpetals

COMMENT TOPIC: The Voice of the writer is an element that sets a story/book a part from others. Comment on how the writer's voice has captured the essence of the chapter.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Make sure you review all 4 chapters.

• Please do not read the other comments before completing your own review. (We expect there to be some overlap among the reviewers.)

AUTHOR #1: greggerguy

AUTHOR #1greggerguy

BookHer Terrifying Love

GenreSupernatural/Horror

Specified Chapter: A Desperate Escape

Chapter Link: https://www.wattpad.com/662872198-her-terrifying-love-chapters-2-3-a-desperate

Chapter Rating: PG-13 Some Blood and Gore

Summary: When Lyla Perry's abusive ex-boyfriend is accidentally killed, instead of calling the police, Lyla and her friend, Jack make a terrible mistake

Summary: When Lyla Perry's abusive ex-boyfriend is accidentally killed, instead of calling the police, Lyla and her friend, Jack make a terrible mistake. They bury the body deep in the woods. When the ex-boyfriend returns from the grave to take his revenge, Lyla's nightmare begins.

Author's Note: Here's what you need to know before reading this chapter: With nothing to do on a Saturday night, high school senior Lyla Perry drives her old car out to a bonfire where the most popular kids are partying hard. Music is blaring and alcohol is flowing. Lyla doesn't belong here and she knows it.