Chapter 7: Hmm

Alex's Point of View

I slowly opened my eyes. I looked around the room. It was completely empty apart from the wardrobe across the room and the bed I was lying in. I blink a few times so my eyes can adjust to the bright light. Harry walks in with a tray in his hands and sits next to me. He smiles.

"Breakfast for my princess." he whispers.

"Thank you my prince charming." I giggle.

He pulls me into his arms as I start to eat the fried breakfast he's made me. After I've finished, I put the plate on the floor and lie back under the covers, grabbing Harry and pulling him down with me. We lie on our backs for a while, my head on his chest and his hand stroking my hair whilst he hums a song quietly. I close my eyes.

When I awaken, Harry is lying on the floor asleep. I giggle. I must have pushed him out of bed when I was sleeping. I quietly get up and walk downstairs. I sit on the sofa and open my laptop. As I start checking my emails, there is a knock at the front door. I put my computer down and walk over to the door. When I open it, I see Niall with his bleached blond hair looking as happy as ever, leaning against the porch. He smiles.

"Still not fully up then?" He laughs

"What do you..." I start to reply.

"Your still in your nightgown."

I stop and look down at what I am wearing as his words sink in. I sigh.

"You might as well come in and sit down whilst you wait for Harry. He fell back asleep. I say, opening the door wider and standing behind it.

Niall nodded and walked in. He was wearing his usual red polo shirt and a pair of brown jeans. His bleached blond hair was half spiked up. He sat on the sofa and picked up the remote and turned on the tv. I sighed. Why is it the boys think they own the place? I walk upstairs to get changed into shorts and one of Harry's Jack Wills t-shirts which is slightly too big for me. I kiss Harry on the forehead and he stirs slightly.

"Harry, baby? I need you to wake up. Niall's popped round to see you." I say quietly.

"But I'm sleeping!" Harry mumbles in protest.

"Fine. If your not gonna wake up the easy way, I guess I'll have to wake you up the hard way?"

I head straight to the bathroom and grab an empty shampoo bottle. I rinse it out a few times then I fill it up with cold water. I walk back into the bedroom. I look at Harry who still hadn't budged. I throw the cold water on him. He jumps up quickly, absolutely soaking. His curly hair had straightened slightly and was dripping everywhere.

"Alex!" he shouts.

I try to run away but he chases me around the bedroom. He grabs me by the hips and drags me onto the bed. I push him away playfully. He jumps on me and we both go hurtling to the floor with a crash. We roll around until I finally pin him down and sit on his chest so he can't get up.

"I win!" I cry happily.

There is a laugh from behind me. I look round to see Niall in the doorway. I get up off Harry and Harry stands next to me, his arms around my waist protectively. I look up at him, slightly concerned but he doesn't take his eyes off Niall.

"Instead of mucking around Harry I think you should put on some clothes." Niall said.

I looked at Harry to see that the only thing he was wearing were his boxers. I hadn't realised until Niall had said.

Harry gave Niall a glare but Niall stood his ground. Niall walked over to me and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of Harry's arms and into his. Harry took a step forward but stopped.

"I think we'll wait downstairs whilst you get into something more decent. Someone important came looking for you but I'll explain when you're dressed. Come on Alex!" Niall said.

He dragged me downstairs and sat me down next to him on the sofa.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" he asked

"Nothing. And don't call me sweetheart. Only Harry calls me that." I replied harshly.

Why did he have to ruin Harry and I's fun? He always has to interrupt.

Harry sat down next to me, fully dressed, and pulled me back into his arms. He looked at Niall.

"So? What's happened? Or what is happening?" he asked calmly.

"Well... Your sister came looking for you and she got slightly worried when she couldn't get hold of you and you weren't at the flat." Niall replied.

"Gemma's in town? Why didn't you bring her here?"

"She wanted to see you somewhere private... Away from..." Niall looked at me as he said the last part.

I got up.

"She can see him here if she wants to. I could leave the house for a couple of hours or something." I said.

"I think Gemma will be okay with that." Niall said.

Harry looked at him suspiciously.

"What will you do when she's here then?" Harry asked me.

"Oh I don't know. You've been distracting me from my work lately so I could probably go to the office and sort out paperwork or something." I smiled.

"Tomorrow then?" Niall asked

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow" Harry said, agreeing with me.

Niall got up and left but not before looking at me and winking.

As soon as he'd left, Harry sighed. I plonked myself down next to him. I looked at his still wet, curly, dark brown hair and started playing with it as he hugged me tightly.

"Sorry" he whispered

"About what?" I asked

"Being a bit over protective... My sister... just everything"

I put my hand under his chin and lifter it so he was looking directly into my eyes.

"Baby. Don't worry. You're perfect just the way you are! I love you. I've never felt this way about anyone before. And it's fair enough your sister wants to see you alone. She hasn't seen you in a long time and she just wants to make sure you're okay." I smile.

He runs his hand down the side of my face, "I guess. And I love you too! But I love you way more than you love me." he says challengingly.

"You wanna bet?"

"Haha bring it!"

"It's on like Donkey Kong! I think we should stay home all day upstairs."

"My thoughts exactly."

Harry picked me up and carried me upstairs to my bedroom. He kissed me as he placed me on the bed and I pulled him closer.