Chapter 8: Disaster

Alex's Point of View

I left the house early that morning. Harry was still asleep in my bed so I gave him a quick kiss and left him a note reading:

"Hey babe,

Left early to go to work. Have a good day with your sister. I love you

Alex xoxo"

As I arrived at work, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out. One new text. I opened it slowly.

"Oi! You left without a proper goodbye! Anyway, I love you - H xoxo"

I smiled. I texted Harry back then put my phone back in my pocket and walked into my work building.

Harry's Point of View

I jumped as I received a text. I laughed as I read it then put my phone on the side as I got up out of bed. I put on a pair of shorts and the football t-shirt I was given when the boys and I went to Wembley stadium to see England play. I grabbed my beanie and used it to push my hair off of my face. After I had a wash, I went downstairs and smiled as my phone buzzed again. The text wasn't from Alex though... It was from Gemma... And it didn't sound good. There was a knock at the door. I opened it and took a parcel which had been handed to me by the postman. As I closed the door, I tore at it violently. Inside was a box which held a locket in the shape of a heart. There was an inscription which read You've got that one thing. There was a diamond ring which was encrusted with gold. There was a small card which, when I opened it, lots of little paper hearts fell out of. The card read:

"For a beautiful lady. Only you Alex! Love Niall." I read out loud.

I stared at it in disbelief. Was Alex cheating on me with my best friend? Why? Had I upset her? Maybe that was why she was so eager to leave the house when she was given the opportunity. Maybe she's meeting up with Niall.

Millions of reasons why this could have happened. And I never doubted a single one. I grabbed my coat and opened the door. I stopped. Gemma was stood outside looking slightly annoyed.

"How many times did I have to knock before you answered? And even then you only opened the door because you were going somewhere. Seriously H! I haven't seen you in ages. And you're dating someone. Why haven't you told me any of this? Am I not important enough to talk to anymore?" She asked, obviously really upset..

I sighed as I through my coat on a peg in the hall. I turned and walked back indoors.

"Look, I'm sorry. It's just... I've had a lot on my mind recently. This got delivered to my girlfriend from my best friend and I don't know whether she's cheating on me." I burst out, pulling off my beanie and throwing it across the room in frustration. Gemma walked over to me and hugged me, running her hands through my curly hair.

"I'm sorry to. I just really miss you." she whispered. "Now... Tell me everything about this girl... I hear she's a real charmer..."

Alex's Point of View

I looked at the clock which now read 4pm. I sighed. I'd been working solidly for 5 hours with no break. I slowly got up and stretched my legs. I walked over to the coffee machine in the hall. I grabbed the coffee from the machine and walked back to my office. Before I could get there, Niall came bounding down the hall. He stopped just in front of me.

"Hey..." he said

"Hi. What are you doing here?" I replied.

"I came to help you. I thought you might be a bit lonely."

"Nah. I'm fine. I'm pretty much finished. I just need Harry to text me to say it's okay to go home."

Niall slipped his hands around my waist. I looked up at him, slightly confused.

"Niall? What are you..."

Before I could finish, he kissed me. I tried to pull away but he tightened his grip on me. I heard a thud. Niall pulled away. I jumped across the room so I was out of his reach so he couldn't do anything. But he didn't try to. I looked in the direction he was looking in. Harry and a tall brown haired woman were stood slightly down the hall. Harry looked at me and I could see the pain in his eyes. Then he turned back to Niall. Niall took a step back as Harry took a step forward. Harry ran at Niall and before the woman or I could stop them, they began to fight.

"Harry! Stop! It wasn't what it looked like!" I shouted.

I ran in to stop the fight. But instead of stopping it, I made it worse. Then, there was pain on my right cheek. I shut my eyes tight and clenched my hands into fists. I felt hands on my shoulders but I shrugged them off. I opened my eyes to see Harry looking back into mine.

"Babe... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to hit you..." he said.

He tried to hug me but I pushed him off and I turned and ran down the hall. The woman ran after me. When I finally stopped, she stood in front of me so I couldn't walk off. She looked like a girl version of Harry. Then it clicked that she was Harry's sister, Gemma.

"Leave me alone!" I snapped

"Harry didn't mean to hit you Alex... It's just seeing you kiss Niall made him heartbroken and annoyed." she said calmly.

"I didn't kiss Niall. He kissed me! I tried to get out of it but I couldn't! I don't even like Niall like that!"

"Well it looked different to Harry and I"

"Great! So now Harry probably thinks I cheated on him with his best friend even though he kissed me and I tried to pull away, am I right? Fine! If he wants to believe that then he can. But I won't stick around to be accused of something I didn't do. Tell him we're over! Finished! Ended!" I felt the tears come rushing to my eyes. I ran. And Gemma stood there watching me.

-I'm sorry H- I thought as I ran. -I love you. I love you. I love you.- I repeated those 3 words as I ran somewhere nobody could find me.

Harry's Point of View

I saw Gemma walk back down the hall towards me. She looked upset. I put my hand behind my back and crossed my fingers, hoping for good news but she kept walking without saying a single word. I followed her into Alex's office.

"Gemma... What's wrong?" I asked nervously.

"She said it's over for you two. She didn't kiss Niall. He kissed her and she tried to pull away. She didn't want to have you accuse her of cheating so she left." She turned to face me. "She's broken up with you H."

I felt the tears come streaming down my face before I could stop them. I turned and punched the closest wall. I could feel a massive pain run through my body as my heart felt hollow without her. She was gone... Probably forever... And I'd messed it up big time. I'd lost the most precious thing to me in a couple of seconds. I'd lost the girl who I thought was the one.