2

Kris

"Bout time you got here." Cass mumbles as we enter my father's office out in Brooklyn.

"It's three thirty in the morning, this better be good Cass." I mumble, taking a seat behind the desk.

"Does a quarter mil sound good at three thirty in the morning?" He questions while taking a seat in front of the desk. I cross my left leg over my right and raise a brow.

"Who's making the transfer?" I question in interest.

"The Don Atollos in Cuba. They want to talk business next week." Cass informs, sliding a folder on the desk towards me.

"What's this?" Opening the folder, I flip through pages and photos.

"Some information about the Atollos. I'd figured you might want to know who you're dealing with before settling." Nodding, I close the folder and scratch my forehead. Cass was my father's mentor and right hand man when it came to this life. He was the one to keep my father's head on straight and tell him if something was a good idea or not. My father left him as the co-owner of the business to help who ever takes over. Cass does the job of collecting information and getting the crew together for meetings. Also when my father went on vacation or when he hid out, Cass took over until he came back. When I don't feel like being bothered, he does the same for me.

"It's well needed. Anything else?"

"Yep. Money from this week's hustle."

"Ard, well I'll count this and I'll be on my way." Cass stands from the seat and informs that he's going home. Something I wanted to do but I knew I had work to do before I could do that. I place the money through the machine and bundle them with the amount labels. It takes long thanks to the machine so I didn't have anything to worry about. When I was done with the work here, I called my driver. I informed my team of the job we need done in a few days and what was up before I left. We need to be on guard and in top shape, we can't have no slip ups when it comes to this shit. It's life or death. My driver opens the back door of the Maybach and closes the door once I'm in. When we begin our journey to my house, I look at the view of my city. People walking the streets and the night lights always amazed me. I lived in New York all my life but the city always amazed me. I always wanted to live out my dreams. I was just in the middle of making that dream come true until I got that call six months back. Cass told me that it was time and I had to drop everything, and take over my father's legacy. I was left a big responsibility while still figuring out my life. Than this happened. A big ass house and other properties left for my sister and I, two cars for us to have, a warehouse for me to work in. It's not the best life, but I'm learning to make the best of it.

two days later. . .

Riding through the streets of Harlem, I wipe off my Gucci shades with the cleaning cloth. Once Floyd parks, my crew and I exit the vehicle and head to entrance of the barbershop. With it being five in the afternoon, the place isn't as packed as I thought it would be. The owner's son who's my age, nods his head to the office and we follow. I nod my head to a few of the customers, greeting the loyal customers with smiles and small talk. I enter the office and one of the guys enter with me while the other two guard the door.

"You're early." Jamal smiles, traveling over to the safe.

"I got things to do tonight. Where's Mr. Hudson?" I question, watching as Jamal puts in the combination.

"He's not feeling well, so I took over for him this week." He says, taking out a thick white envelope.

"Oh. Well tell him thanks for the business and we'll hold up on our end." I assure, taking the envelope when he extends it to me.