6

four days later

Kris

"I think you should broaden your horizon." Malik, one of my dealers says as we enter my office. I sit my folder down on the desk and have a seat.

"Broaden my horizon how?" I question, crossing my legs.

"Well my cousin that lives out in California, owns a bakery. He sells edibles and he's looking for a dealer. He's offering ten percent of profit and sales." Malik says. Scratching over my eyebrow, I exhale and shake my head. Everyone always need a favor and I don't mind helping. However, I have my own business and a life to tend too as well. No one really cares about that though and it shows.

"He doesn't have a green house?" Malik shakes his head no.

"He couldn't find anyone to partner with." I scoff a laugh and open the drawer of my desk.

"Because he's trying to sell ten percent of sales, and that's not enough for any business. At least not this one. He'll have to find some one else." I shrug, handing him his stash for the week. Malik nods while collecting his things and leaves my office. I have enough on my plate to deal with right now. Helping some one for a good price wasn't on my mind. I have a business meeting to attend and that's what matters at this point in time. Sighing heavily, I place the folder in the drawer and close it. Grabbing my phone and purse, I leave out the office and lock the door behind me. When I arrive downstairs, I take my leather jacket off the couch and put it on. The doorbell rings and Ms. Val opens the door.

"Good evening Bryan." She greets and steps back.

"Good evening Ms. Val." Buddha smiles while stepping in. Val closes the door and turns towards me before heading to the kitchen.

"Do you need me to clean anything before I leave Ms. DuKane?" She questions.

"No Ms. Val. Just make sure you turn on the alarm, lock the doors and the windows. That's it." I assure. She nods in agreement and continues her journey to the kitchen. I turn my attention back to Buddha and raise a brow.

"Is there a reason why you're here right now?" I question.

"Yea." He steps outside to the hall and a few seconds later, Adela walks through the double doors. She stares at me coldly as I breathe deeply and close my eyes. I wasn't expecting her to come because I've been trying to get her here. She's ignored my calls and text, to the point of her changing her number again. We haven't seen one another since the funeral. We went our separate ways and haven't reached out to one another since. Fluttering my eyes open, I give her my full attention and shrug my shoulders.

"I wasn't expecting you to come here." I tell her truthfully.

"Last minute decision. Anyway, let's just get straight to it. What do you want to talk about?" She rudely questions while picking her nails. I have a seat on one of the coffee tables and give her my full attention.