16

two weeks later

Kris

Sitting in the back of my black and chrome Ford F1-50 pick up, I watch as a few of my guards beat up Scotti. Word on the street is I have a insider working for someone that I don't even know. Telling these niggas how I'm moving and what not. We all know I can't have that. Malik was the one that told me about Scotti. He was one of the guards that use to work for my father. Now he's in this alley being beat to a pulp because he doesn't want to talk. If I don't kill him, then the niggas he works for will. Getting tired of seeing this man being beaten, I sigh and get out of the truck. Shutting the door, I walk the abandoned alley while stuffing hands in my pockets. Moss sends the last hit to Scotti's jaw causing him to cough up blood. I narrow my brows when my father's face flashed before my eyes.

"Kris. Kris!" Moss calls while extending the gun to me. As Scotti slowly sits up, he coughs while holding his side. My father doing same flashes again causing my breath to get caught in my throat.

"I can't do this." I mumble, shaking my head while staring as Scotti. His once white shirt was now drenched in blood as if he brought it that way.

"What?" Femi questions confused.

"I said I can't do this." Glancing up at him I gather Dez, Moss and Malik's attention. They all nod in understanding knowing why I was backing down from this one. I can't do this anymore.

"We'll finish the job." Moss assures while removing his gun off his waist. Scotti groans and holds up his hands as if he can block the bullets. I turn on my heel, not even wanting to see what happens next.

"Daddy why did you leave me this job?" I question as if he can hear me.

"Wait!" Scotti yells. I stop in my tracks and hang my head. Hearing the silencer go off, I hear Scotti's body drop to the wet concrete. That was my cue to continue my journey back to the truck. Opening the door I get in and slam it shut. I witness Scotti's body on the ground and the tears blur my vision.

"Ahhhhh!" I scream, throwing a tantrum as I punch the plywood of my steering wheel. It wasn't one of those sympathy cries but more so of an angry cry. This shit is definitely taking a toll on me. When I'm done, I breathe heavily and comb my hair back through my fingers. I needed someone to vent to and I knew just where to go. I crank the ignition and see the time of seven fifteen. Reversing out of the alley, I turn onto the street and make my way to Queens. When I get there, I arrive to my destination and park in the drive way behind the two cars. After cutting the ignition, I close the door and lock it with the remote. Jogging up the steps to the house, I knock on the door and sniff as I wait for an answer looking behind me while crossing my arms over chest. Hearing the latches on the door unlock catches my attention. Kaseem opens the door and I enter and stand in his foyer.

"Kris wha-" I cut him off while turning towards him.

"I should of listened to you. I should of sat down and thought this out before I went along with it." I stress as Kaseem closes the door and sighs, turning towards me.

"It's not a good tim-" I interrupt him again.

"All I'm asking is for a few minuets of your time. Please." I beg. Kaseem searches my eyes as I search his eyes as well. Seeing the sympathy, he sighs and shakes his head and runs his hands down his face.

"Kaseem. Who is that at the door?" A soft voice questions. I walk to the entrance of the living room and witness a woman sitting there. She's dressed in a formal pants suit against accessorized with jewelry and pearls. She's a brown skin woman with long hair, very attractive which only made me think I was interrupting something. There's two glasses of red wine on the table with two half eaten plates. My attention falls back on the woman as she stares at me and I do the same to her.