8

Kris

At nine thirty in the morning, I arrive at the warehouse and pull around back. I didn't want to leave Adela alone so I waited until I saw Val arrive. As soon as she parked, I left and got in my car. I wasn't really in a rush because I knew traffic would hold me back anyway. Just to know that someone was there with my sister is all that mattered. After cutting the engine, I sit back in my seat and lay my head back on the headrest. This is the first time in a while that I've gotten behind the wheel. It felt good, even if it wasn't safe to do so. Sometimes I just want to go for a drive on my own and clear my head. That's what I did this
morning before coming here. It's what I want to do before having to handle situations here at the warehouse. I hated pulling triggers. I never understood how anyone could take a life and live with themselves. I have too much heart to do it, but this is what I have to do. In order to get respect at least that's what I was told. I get out of the car and lock it with the remote. Tucking the keys into my jacket pocket, I enter the warehouse and exhale deeply. There I see Moss and a few other guards, waiting on my arrival. They're taking amongst themselves but that stops when they see me.

"You want me to bring him in?" Moss questions. I nod while grabbing a chair, bringing it to the middle of the cement floor. Moss walks off to one of the rooms where Cole is being held. Having a seat, I cross my legs and watch as Moss shoves Cole out the doorway. He stumbles to the chair where Buddha forces him to sit. Cole rolls his eyes as Moss zip ties him to the metal chair. I examine the swollen eye that's shut and his nose that has a gash across the bridge. Also, his dark green apron and gray shirt is drenched in sweat. Either he's nervous as all hell or the room he was in was hot as shit.

"You can make this easy for yourself Cole." I inform him as Moss rips the tape off his mouth. Cole groans, throwing his head back amused. I don't know why he was laughing because I didn't see anything funny.

"Whether I make this shit easy or not, I'm going to be dead anyway." He chuckles and shrugs his shoulders. I smile and slowly nod.

"It's good you know how this works, so give me a name." I tell him, arching a brow. Cole shakes his head as Moss approaches him with a steel bat. Cole looks out the corner of his eye and raises a brow, turning his attention back to me.

"What's that for?" He questions nervously while sitting up.

"Answer the question." I warn him. Cole shakes his head while closing his eyes and exhaling out of frustration.

"Look I don't know his name." He says, looking between Moss and myself. Moss grips the bat, and alines a spot on Cole's leg of where he wants to swing.

"Mm. You don't know his name, that's not good enough Cole." I shame, shaking my head. He breathes nervously while trying to scoot back. Little did he know the chair is heavier than it appears.

"Real shit! I don't know his name man! He approached me and my homies at the bar four days ago. H-he said he had a job for us and that he nee-needed a favor." He stutters, cutting his eye at the bat. I hold my hand up for Moss to hold on.

"Keep talking." I order. Cole sighs nervously and licks his lips while steady keeping his eyes on Moss.

"He offered to pay us ten grand each to jump and rob someone. He told us where she works and what she looks like from a picture on his phone." Cole says. I narrow my brows, squinting my eyes. Sounds like it could be someone close that knows her.

"Did he say how he knows her?" Scoffing, Cole throws his head back annoyed.

"No he didn't. All he said was that he wanted her robbed and jumped, that's it. They probably dated or something." He says in aggravation. I nod while raising my brows and pick with my acrylic.