17

Kris and Moss arrive to the warehouse and park in the garage. Moss hops out as Kris informs she'll be there in a minute. Fourteen hours have passed since the announcement of Teresa's abduction. Kris couldn't think straight nor bother to sleep. Her mind played back and forth on everything that's been going on. All last night until the early morning she has been running errands with Moss right by her side. They still haven't heard from the guys that abducted her mother to know what to do next. All they have is a bunch of addresses. Everyone is still waiting on further information. It was killing Kris to know that none of this was going her way at the moment. While sitting in the car, Kris witnesses Adela leave out the warehouse. While inside, she was worried about Kris who hasn't really said a word since last night.

"You ard?" Adela questions, joining her sister in the truck.

"This is all my fault." Kris mutters.

"No it's not." Adela argues.

"It is. If I didn't take on this stupid ass warehouse, Mom would be here with us right now."

"Who's to say if you didn't that it wouldn't happened? We're DuKane's Kris it's already blood on our names."

"Yea, but Dad didn't die for us to live like this. I know that for a fact." Kris assures, shaking her head annoyed. Adela knew she couldn't argue with that, all though she felt her father died for other reasons.

"Maybe he did maybe he didn't. You know I got your back with whatever you want to do after this." Adela says. Kris looks down in her lap, narrowing her brows.

"Even if that means getting a little dirty?" Adela exhales and nods, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"At this point it is what it is." She assures as Kris nods.

"Maybe Dad should of gave you the responsibility. Lord knows you bust a nigga in the mouth if they even breathe in your direction." Kris says, causing both her and Adela to laugh.

"No, daddy did the right thing by giving you the responsibility. If it was me, I'd be shooting everything that moves." Adela assures. Kris couldn't fight the gut busting laughter as she thought of her sister shooting nothing in particular.

"You wild. That would be the funniest shit ever though." As they continue to laugh and joke around, Moss knocks on the window. Kris rolls it down as she stares into his eyes.

"Come inside. Tony got some shit to show you." Kris rolls the window back up, taking the keys out the ignition.

"Let's see what's going on." She sighs, hopping out of the truck. Adela follows and closes the door behind her. Kris enters the warehouse and Adela isn't too far behind. They enter the conference room where the rest of the guys are. When Adela spots Buddha, her breath gets caught in her throat. He wasn't there when she left to speak to Kris. He came out of no where and what upset her is that he didn't call and give her a heads up. Buddha turns his attention to his left and sees her. Excusing himself, he walks over to where she stands. They both step outside to talk.

"What are you doing here?" She whispers while arching a brow. Buddha jolts his head back and laughs.

"I work here or did you forget?" He questions amused. Adela rolls her eyes while crossing her arms.

"Who's watching Ms. Ari?"

"My sister is there with her. What's good with you b?"

"I'm good. I just wish you would called before coming, you know with...everything going on." Adela says, shaking her head in another direction.

"Oh, you mean so you could have time to tell Kris what happened right?" Buddha sarcastically questions, lifting his arm that's held in the sling. Sighing, Adela holds her biceps while avoiding eye contact. She hadn't told Kris about the attempted abduction that happened four days ago. Her mother had promised she wouldn't tell either and now she sort of wish she had.