7

January 2019

As Loaded by Lil Debbie blasts throughout the club, Adela dances for a customer. She's usually on stage, but tonight she has to cover the floor. Mace is short of a few dancers thanks to it being New Year's Eve. However the place is still crowded because of the New Years party he throws every year. Not everyone believes in celebrating holidays with their family any more. It didn't surprise Adela that people were here, rather out Times Square watching the ball drop. As long as she was making money that's all that mattered. Once the song ended, she puts on a fraudulent smile and turns to the gentleman. He smirks while standing and holding two crips hundreds between his fingers.

"Thanks for the dance." He smiles. Adela grasps the cash and tucks it in her bra, steady staring into his eyes.

"Thanks for the cash." The gentleman nods and walks off, shaking his head amused. Adela glances up at the wall and sighs when she notices there's no clock. She keeps forgetting that Mace doesn't have any clocks around here. His reason, is so the dancers won't try to speed through to break. He plays no games when it comes to his money or their's. Maneuvering though the crowd, Adela excuses herself and travels to the counter. She's parched from all the dancing and was hoping her break was now.

"What's up boo?" Jay questions as she approaches the counter.

"What time is it?" She questions, fanning her self with a menu. Jay reaches for her watch on a shelf and places it back where it belongs.

"Two o' clock." She informs while turning towards Adela. She sighs in relief because it's time for her twenty minute break.

"Thank God. Let me get a water." Adela orders. Jay nods while turning on her heel.

"Coming right up." She says. Jay scoops some ice into a tall glass, grabbing a bottled water out the cooler. She twists the top and pours the water in the glass. She grabs a straw and hands Adela her drink.

"You're the goat." Adela tells her, ripping the paper off the straw. She sits it in the glass and takes a long sip in satisfaction. All the dancing she endured tonight has her beat and she needed a pick me up. Alcohol doesn't do anything but drains her. She feels as though when she drinks, she wants something to eat and then she's out like a light. Her last two in a half hours need to be on point. As she sips her water, a guy and a few of his friends approach the counter. She tries her best to ignore them while stirring the ice around in the glass. They didn't say anything yet, but she could feel one of them staring at her. Jay notices the guy as she wipes down the counter. Something was off about him, but she just couldn't figure it out. Why was he staring Adela down like that?

"You know him?" She decides to ask Adela.

"No. I don't know why he's staring at me." She responds.

"You want me to get Tubbz?" Adela narrows her brows while shaking her head.

"No. It's cool. I'm not worried about them." Adela says while going back to her water.

"Hey, can I get some service over here!" Jay rolls her eyes, knowing the rude individual is talking to her. It's other barmaids behind the counter, but they're taking their sweet time ignoring the others. Adela laughs while shaking her head.

"It seems you're needed my dear." Adela informs.

"These hoes hear this man, but they want me to curse his ass out!" Jay exclaims for the other women to hear. Mace walks out from the back of the club, narrowing his brows to drunken man who's cursing and slurring his words. Approaching the counter, Mace decides to see what's going on.

By The Rulesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें