4

Kris

I watch closely as the nail tech trims my toenails. I've been back in New York for a few days now and I wanted a day to myself. The plan in Cuba went well and we're only waiting for the shipment to come in. Which should be sometime tonight. I told Cass to handle what ever needed to be handled, although I am doing my own side shit. Adela and I haven't talked in a year and I needed to find her. I sent Buddha out to find her a week ago and he hasn't got back to me yet. I sit back when Yazmine sits my foot back in the water. She then grabs my other foot and begins working on it. The door opens and I witness Kaseem walk in with a brown paper bag. I could see the grease spots so I knew it was food. He has a seat in one of the chairs across from me as we stare at one another. Kaseem raises his brows while taking a platter out the bag. He looks at me while raising his brows, opening the foam platter.

"You want some?" He questions.

"You got that from Peppa's?" I question.

"Yea. Cree was behind the counter so you know he hooked me up." He smiles, walking over towards me.

"What's you get?" Kaseem shows me the platter full of food, causing my stomach to growl.

"Curry goat, dirty rice, cabbage and plantain." He takes the fork and grabs a little of everything, feeding it to me. Everything is still a little hot which causes me to blow through chews. I'm going to have blisters and all, but it was too good to spit out.

"Mm. Damn. Why you didn't get me one?" I frown, checking to make sure I didn't waste anything on myself. I grab my bottled water that sits beside me twist the cap.

"You said you weren't hungry, so I didn't bother to ask again." He says, shrugging his shoulders. Shaking my head, I gulp my water and belch when done.

"Remember that."

"I will with your nasty ass."

"You love when I'm nasty." I smirk, causing him to laugh and cover his mouth with his fist.

"Chill. We not even on that type time. You want me to get you a platter?" He questions in chews, closing up his food.

"No. I'll get something when I'm done here." I watch as Yazmine paints my toenails the color I wanted. When she's done she places the foam separators between my toes. Kaseem takes my hand to help and I walk on my heels over to the dryers. I have a seat and sit my feet under the neon lights feeling the heat. My fingernails are already dry so I grab my bag and dig through it for my phone. When I grasp it, I unlock it and head straight to my messages. I see nothing which causes me to sigh and shake my head.

"Everything all good?" Kaseem questions while eating again. I witness the time of two thirty and nod.

"Yea, I'm just waiting on this guy to call me back about Adela and my mom." Kaseem nods while chewing.

"Give him time, he'll call you." While sitting back in the seat, I sigh while shaking my head. Right now is when my family and I should be close together, not far apart. I get they're upset but they knew the situation at by hand. I didn't want things to be like this and I damn sure don't want them to be this way now. After my toenails are completely dry, I put on my socks and sneakers and dress in my jacket afterwards. Kaseem pays for the service as we travel to exit. I was going to pay for it, but Kaseem insisted so I didn't bother to argue with him. Leaving out of the nail salon, we travel to the Maybach with a group of guards present. Kaseem opens the door and I get in as he follows and closes the door. Floyd cranks up the car and waits for the guards to get in their vehicles. Once we're all set, Floyd pulls off as I lay my head back on the head rest and look through the dark tented windows. As we drove through the crowded streets, I watch as the people look in our direction. It always made me wonder if my father got this kind of attention. He always rode around with an entourage. People probably thought he was a celebrity when he never seen himself as such. While sitting in a peaceful silence, I hear Kaseem's phone go off and turn to him. He types away as I roll my eyes in another direction.