13

Adela

Entering Ms. Ari's Brooklyn home, I kick the door closed and head to the kitchen. I sit down the bags of groceries and travel to the entrance to lock the door back, hanging up my coat on the hook. I went shopping because Ms. Ari is running low on food. I've been here at Buddha's for the last two weeks helping out. Ms. Ari has grown rather close to me since I've been here. When I first met her two weeks ago, she was cracking jokes and laughing with Buddha and I. Telling old stories of things she could remember and trying to get Buddha and I together. You know how grandmothers and mothers can get. In all honestly, Ms. Ari is a sweet woman and she has a big heart. I see where Buddha gets it from. As I put up the groceries, I hear the door open, knowing it's Ms. Ari and Buddha coming back from her doctor's appointment. I feel arms wrap around my waist and smile, continuing to put the groceries up.

"What are you doing?" Buddha questions while resting his chin on my shoulder.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I chuckle while stretching my eyes a bit.

"Not cooking, that's what it looks like." We both laugh as I playfully roll my eyes and he kisses my neck.

"Man move. How did everything go at the doctor?" Stepping out of his grip, I sit the peppers and lettuce in the fridge. Buddha sighs and removes his jacket, placing it over the back of one of the chairs at the kitchen table.

"Everything is good. Her blood pressure is good and her sugar is normal. He told me to keep doing what I'm doing and make sure she's taking her meds." I nod and smile because it's good news. Since I've been here, I had Ms. Ari eating the foods her doctor selected. Foods with low sodium and cholesterol are number one on her list. She's a diabetic so she doesn't need any swelling. She's been drinking more water and taking her meds regularly since I've been around. It amazes Buddha that I could get her to do all the things she's suppose to. I know it can get stressful trying to get people to do what they need to. As long as you have patience and a gentle approach, they'll listen and understand. It's something I learned while helping my mother out with alcohol. If it wasn't for me, I don't know where she'd be. I turn to Buddha and lean on the counter with my palms on the gradient.

"That's good to know she's doing well. Now, I was thinking about making tacos for dinner." Buddha steps towards me, placing both his hands on either side of me. We stare directly into one another's eyes.

"I'm down with whatever you making. Just make sure you use a little over half the seasoning for the meat." He says in between kisses. I nod as the kiss becomes more passionate, our heads move in sync.

"I know what to do." I assure him while pulling back. Buddha kisses the side of my mouth down to my neck. I bite my lip and close my eyes when he hits my spot.

"Well why you still talking. You should be starting dinner." He tells me. I moan softly and chuckle, witnessing the time on the stove.

"It's only four thirty. I'm not cooking this early." I tell him, leaning my head back again to give him more access.

"You know you take forever to cook anything though." He mumbles between kisses. Hissing, I moan again feeling his hands tangle in my hair.

"Negative and I keep telling you about putting those filthy hands in my hair." Frowning I remove his hand, watching him reach over at the sink and turn on the hot water. He pumps the soap in his hand and rubs his fingers together to form suds. I burst into laughter when he rinses his hand while continuing to kiss my neck. After he turns the faucet off, he places his hand back in my hair and pulls my head back. Sitting up, he smirks as I push him back and he pulls me towards him.

"Happy?" He questions, pecking my lips again.

"You lucky this is Brazilian wet and wavy." I pull his hand out my hair as he smiles and pulls back.