12

some days later

some days later

Kris

"Damn." Dijon swears as the bowling ball rolls into the gutter. I sip my drink while silently laughing and shaking my head. He smacks his lips and chuckles while traveling over to our table. He takes his shot of liquor and sits down blowing a breath. His bowling skills aren't as good as he claimed, but he seems to be having fun.

"My turn." I smile, standing to my feet. I grab my bowling ball and place my fingers where they belong. I roll the ball down the lane and watch it roll straight down the middle and hit all the pins. Smirking, I turn around making three of my fingers into a gun and blow the imaginary smoke. Dijon scoffs amused as I laugh and join him back at the table.

"That's bullshit." He chuckles.

"No honey that's game." I tell him, waving my fingers for him to pay up. He passes me a check and I snatch it, popping it as if it's a belt.

"You up for another game?" He questions.

"I am but our pizza should be done in-"

"Half pepperoni half veggie and a side order of buffalo wings."

"Now." I say as the waiter sits our extra large pizza in front of us. Dijon rubs his hands together as I turn the veggie half his way. I'm not a fan of broccoli, carrots, hot and dell peppers on a pizza. However, his half was definitely making my mouth water. Then again I'm probably hungry because I haven't had anything to eat all day. First dates give me anxiety for some reason. I don't know what it is, but I won't eat or drink anything until it's time for the date. Once I get to the know the person and we have a good night, that's when I relax. I'm not as tense anymore. Dijon wanted to spend a whole day together, but I felt that was too much for a first date. Instead I made reservations here at King's Bowling Alley out in Inwood. The food is a grade a plus and it's a clean place. It's upscale of course but we're some upscale type of people. Dijon seemed to be enjoying himself as am I. The night started two hours ago with playing basketball at the arcade. Once our table was clean and ready, we began bowling. We made our bowling game interesting with shots and a bet that neither one of us could turn down. I grab my hand sanitizer out my bag and squirt some in palms. After rubbing it in, Dijon and I both grab a slice of pizza. I get ready to bite until I notice Dijon bite his and the pizza is flat. I sit my slice down and shake my head while waving my arms.

He covers his mouth while chewing asking,"what?"

"You're in New York, you gotta eat pizza like a true New Yorker." I tell him, showing him how to fold the pizza. He takes his slice and folds it, looking between mine and his.

"Like this?" He questions.

"Yep just like that." We both take a bite and a napkin, wiping any crumbs or grease. Dijon nods with an impressed expression as I smile with closed lips. I take another bite and chew my food throughly. The sounds of our peers conversing, music and bowling balls hitting into pins surround us. Dijon and I sat in a peaceful silence as we ate and drank. When our eyes connect we both smile while grabbing a few wings. I don't know what it was, but it was as if we were thinking alike tonight. I kind of like it. I grab a napkin and wipe around my mouth, stopping when I notice Kaseem and his friends enter the place. As if he felt my presence, he turns his attention towards me and his smiles slowly drops. We haven't seen or talked to one another in over a week. As he stands in the middle of the floor, he looks at me. Dijon's back is turned. He's too focused on his plate to even notice what's happening right now.