9

a week later

Adela

"Run through a check get a bag it's nothing, that's some boss shit." I rap to DreamDoll's Everything Nice as I got my things together to take a shower.

"Shut the hell up!" Jay screams over the music. I turn the speaker down while laughing, arching a brow.

"Bitch I know you not talking with all that noise you and that nigga was holding last night." I remind her. Jay stops at the bedroom door while smirking, placing her hand on the door frame.

"Oh you heard all that! My bad. We'll definitely be seeing one another again." She snickers, gently biting her finger. I playfully roll my eyes while shaking my head.

"Nasty ass." I mumble into light giggles.

"Yes he was nasty." She smiles, reminiscing of last night's events.

"You are too. I heard your name at least eight times last night." I chuckle as she shrugs while crossing her arms across her chest.

"Listen if a nigga doesn't say or moan your name during sex, your jaws and pussy is whack." Jay protests with much heart. I burst into laughter as she enters the room. We dap hands and I hold my side, hissing in pain while continuing to laugh.

"You're the fucking bid bro! It ain't even twelve o'clock and you already cutting up. Got my side hurting and shit." I chuckle, shaking my head as I sit down. Frowning, I massage my side to try and stop the pain. The doctor said nothing is broken but it sure does feel like it.

"My fault sis. Speaking of time, where the hell is Buddha? He's late again." Jay sighs, shaking her head as she leaves out the room to finish getting ready for work. I huff a short breath and look at the time on my phone. Jay has to be at the hospital for her shift in an hour. Her train comes in fifteen minutes.

"Just go ahead Jay, he'll be here when he gets here. I'm use to his ass being late. The nigga will be late to his own funeral." I mumble, slowly laying back.

"Ugh, I hate leaving you here unattended though." Jay says in concern while returning to the room.

"Just go, I'll be fine. It's not like I'm in that much pain like I was earlier in the week. I'm good." I assure her, slowly sitting back up. Sighing, Jay nods while making her way to the living room.

"Ard. Call me if you need anything. And tell Buddha don't be eating up all my food. He fine and all, but shit a bitch gets hungry after working two damn jobs." Laughing, I playfully roll my eyes.

"Ard, I got you." I tell her. I hear the door close and lay back to stare up at the ceiling. I've been at Jay's for a week since the incident. Kris felt it'd be best for me to stay here just incase those niggas knew where I lived. I still don't know who even called for a hit or why they did it. No has told me anything and I figured because they know what I'll do. Then again I never asked either. Anyway while here, Kris promised Jay that whatever I use she'd pay back. Jay refused of course, but Kris won't take no for an answer. As for work, Buddha talked to both my bosses Mace and Justin. They understood and Justin gave me paid leave. I don't know if I'll be working at ACES again or working again at all as a matter of fact. I get up and grab my towel to head to the bathroom. Before entering the shower I travel back to the bedroom, grabbing my phone and speaker. I turn on my soulful playlist and undress.