Phone Call

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing, Twice playing as my cringey ringtone. I jump up to get it and freeze as I feel someone grab my arm.
"Don't go, just stay in bed for a bit. I like this song anyway."
I turn towards the sleepy Felix who has his eyes half open and is looking at me.
"It might be something important, I'll just be 2 seconds."
He lets go of my hand and closes his eyes.
I'll take that as a yes then.
I walk over to my phone and see that it was just my friend from back in Australia. I put my phone on mute, she can wait.
As I walk back to the bed an idea crosses my mind.
I run and jump onto Felix and start playfully hitting him. I feel him move from under the covers and he appears with a mischievous grin on his face.
He tackles me so I fall backwards and he folds the bed covers so I am rolled up like a sausage roll.
I struggle under the covers until I manage to poke my head out... to see Felix on top of me our faces inches apart.
I blush and he lets out a small laugh.
"I feel like a caterpillar in here, let me out."
I pout at him and he is the one to blush this time.
I roll over and the covers unfold a bit. I keep rolling until I almost fall off the bed.
I feel like I'm gonna fall off so I accidentally scream and Felix quickly crawls over and picks me up. He unrolls me and we both lay on the bed laughing at how stupid that whole thing was.
Felix gets the covers and throws it over us.
"I told you to stay in bed."
He cuddles up to me and closes his eyes.
"Who rang you?"
"It was my friend from back in Australia but she can wait a bit. She's probably just lonely that's the only time for when she rings me."
"What's her name?"
"Maddie, we've been friends since I started high school."
"So you have other friends apart from Jaiden?"
Why does he sound jealous?
"Yeah I have lots of friends, Jaiden and I just get each other and we became closer once my Dad left. He helped me through it and I guess we've just been best friends since then."
Felix is silent for a moment.
"Why didn't you get Maddie to comfort you?"
"Um, I guess I just didn't feel like she'd understand that well. I went to Jaiden because he was already seeing a counsellor and I was thinking about seeing one too. But once I got to talking to him it helped so much. He eventually stopped talking to the counsellor and we always talk to each other whenever we feel down."
Felix is silent again.
"Are you... jealous of Jaiden?"
"Pfft no, why would I be jealous? It's perfectly fine if your best friend is a handsome guy why would I have a problem with that."
"Did you just call him handsome?"
Felix's eyes open and he looks around as if trying to think of an excuse.
"Uum, I-I just think that he is better looking than most guys."
He looks at me and waits for a response.
I poke his cheeks.
"Aaaw, don't be so worried, I think he's handsome too."
Felix's face drops and he looks away from me.
"Hey, I was just joking. Just between you and me, I think you are better looking than him."
Felix smiles and comes back closer to me.
"You're cute when you're jealous."
I look at him to see his reaction and he looks at me with puppy eyes.
I ruffle his hair and he suddenly kisses me.
I pull away out of surprise.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing, nothing. I was just surprised, that's all."
He smiles and slowly leans back towards me. I lean in and we kiss again. I move closer towards him and he wraps his hands around my back to bring me closer. I fold my fingers through his hair and we kiss for what feels like forever, but forever isn't long enough.
We break apart as my phone rings again. Wait... that's not my phone.
Felix grabs his phone from the bedside table and answers it.
"Hey, Mum. Wait, what's wrong?!! Ok, ok, I'll talk to Jinyoung Hyung just be calm ok? I'll come back as soon as I can!"
He hangs up and jumps out of bed.
I get up and walk over to him. He's crying so much and shaking all over.
"What's wrong, what happened!?"
Through sobs he mananges to say, "It-it's my Gran, she's had a heart attack."
I pull him close and hug him as tight as I can. He sobs and his tears soak my neck but that couldn't bother me at this time.
He needs me.

I wrote this chapter during Korean and lunch at school today, I was so fricking bored. I had finished all my Korean work and for lunch my friends were doing this other thing for one of their classes so I was just sitting at the back of the classroom listening to music and cringing at my horrible writing. Ugh today was sooo boring