Interrogation

"I could get used to this."

7 AM, D-Day. Dance Day. I'm so nervous, but when I wake I feel Felix's arms holding me, and his breath lightly whispering on my neck.

"Get used to what?"

I turn over and scan his face, waiting for his reply.

"Waking up, here, with you."

He kisses my forehead and pulls me closer.

"Naw, stop it you romantic."

I hug him even tighter in return.

"I need to get up, Felix."

He loosens his grip and pulls the cover off of us. He hops up and I follow him.

"Are you nervous for today?"

"A little, but it is just a class, right?"

He nods and walks into the bathroom.

I remain still, mulling over what could happen today.

"You coming in or what?"

I smile to myself and open the bathroom door.

~~~

Joyeon leads me into a large dance room, where I am greeted with around ten, of what I assume to be, other back-up dancers. A rather tall man with broad shoulders and a strong jaw stands out in front of them.

He bows and everyone follows.

"Hello, my name is Changho, I will be your teacher today."

He greets me in fluent English, and I detect a slight American accent. Mad.

I bow and out of the corner of my eye, I catch Joyeon walking back out through the door.

~~~

"Thank you all for your hard work."

"Thank you, Changho."

We all bow in unison and he leaves the room with a small smile.

Time to meet these people properly.

Throughout the whole class, I stood near a girl with long, black hair. She is wearing leggings and a halter top, the same get-up I wore on my audition day, and the same as I am wearing right now.

During the two hours, she would smile at me occasionally, as if cheering me on. There was a part of the class when we each had to move into the centre of the room and perform a step Changho had taught us. As I walked back into line she clapped lightly and punched my arm softly before she took her place in the middle of our circle.

As if reading my mind, she walked over to me. I'm happy she did, at least now I don't have to worry about any social rejection.

"Hey there, I'm Jahee."

She gives me a bright smile.

~~~

"It was amazing, Seungmin! We all danced and didn't care what we looked like because we are all on the same level. I made a new friend, her name is Jahee and she's so funny! We talked for a long time but then we had to leave so the idol trainees could use our room. The teacher was really nice as well, he had a good sense of humour but was also serious, it was the perfect mixture so that we respected him but weren't intimidated. And half of the other spoke English while the others were fluent in Korean, but guess what? The teacher speaks both languages anyway!"

Seungmin just smiles and nods while I blabber on about how amazing my day was.

We're sitting outside Stray Kids' room while we wait for the others to finish talking to their manager. Seungmin was first to talk to him so he was let go early. That's when I bumped into him and we sat down and started talking. Well, I did.