Goodbye?

Felix manages to settle down a bit and we talk more about what is going on.
"I'm gonna have to go back to Australia, all my family live there."
I try not to look disappointed as he says this.
"My family really needs me right now and I need them."
Felix suddenly looks at me and seems to get a clue on what I'm thinking about.
"Oh no, Y/N, I'm so sorry, I didn't think about you..."
"No, no, it's ok. You need to go and be with your family. I have Jaiden, I'll be fine."
He looks at me even more concerned.
"Felix, really, I'll be ok. You go and make sure your Grandma gets better; I'll just stay here with Jaiden and continue my holiday."
"Ugh fine, I'm really sorry, Y/N. I wanted to spend more time with you. Maybe we can meet again when I come back."
That's doubtful, it will take his Grandma a while to recover, I'll probably be gone by the time Felix comes back. I can't tell him this though so I just smile and agree.
He engulfs me in a tight hug and we savour these last moments together.

~~~

"What time is your flight again?"
"9:15, we should make it there in time."
It's 8:15 now and the traffic is horrible.
Felix and I are sitting in a taxi on our way to the airport. I only have an hour left with him, how I wish this trip went differently.

He gently holds my hand and I lean on his shoulder as we continue our route through the madness of cars that surround us.

~~~

We arrived at the airport but only at 8:45. Felix dashes through the masses of people, keeping my arm by his side the whole time as I struggle along behind him. This bra was not made for moving, let me say that.

Felix manages to check in by 9:00 so we have five minutes until his flight starts to board.
We sit together, hands intertwined as our last moments together fade away quickly.

"Flight number 713 to Sydney will now start boarding. Repeat, flight number 713 to Sydney will now start boarding. Please move to gate 3 to board your flight."

Felix squeezes my hand as we stand and move towards his gate.
We stand in silence as the line gets shorter, and shorter, until there is only one person in front of us.
I turn towards him and he suddenly pulls me close into a kiss. I hear people behind us telling him to move along, but they give up and walk around. Eventually, we break away from each other and I stare blankly at his face.
I don't know what to do. I've never felt this way before. Is this a breakup? Will I ever see him again?
My eyes start to water and Felix wipes away the first tear to fall, but he can't take away all of them as the hundreds of tears begin to follow.
"I'll miss you."
I try to reply but I can't speak. I just smile lightly and he hugs me again.
"I'll miss you too."
He lets go and walks towards the flight attendant. As his ticket is scanned he looks back and I wipe away my tears and smile again.
He walks down the corridor keeping eye contact the whole time until the tunnel bends and he is out of sight.
I go and sit in the seat he was in before and break down in tears. He is the first person I have felt a true connection with, it was like at first sight we were meant to be.

And now I'll never see him again.