[Chapter 4] He Wouldn't Cheat On You

-Kalel's POV-

I rushed up to his front door and knocked three times. I took a step back and tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for him to answer the door. The door swung open and he raised his eyebrow, "Kalel?"

"Hey, Ian," I greeted as I brushed past him and into the house, "Where's Anthony?" I spun back around and watched him close the door.

"He left about an hour ago," He answered, "Why do you ask?"

"He told me that he was going to be here with you for at least a week. Something about an hour special you two are recording?"

He shook his head, "No, he never told me about an hour special. Let alone staying with me for a week..." I swallowed hard as my fists clenched. "If it helps, he told me he was going back home. I'm assuming he never showed up...?"

"No. He didn't," I crossed my arms over my chest and shook my head, "Something's going on, Ian. And I think it has do with this Cass girl."

"What girl?"

"Oh, so he hasn't told you?"

Ian shook his head no.

I took Anthony's phone out of the purse I had by my side and handed it over to Ian. He took it into his possession and read the messages I read earlier that day. His expression was priceless.

"What is this?" He asked me.

"Messages he's been having with. He doesn't even text me like that."

"How did you find out about these?" He handed the phone back to me.

"I came into his room to get his clothes to do the laundry when I saw his phone on his bed with a message from this Cass girl. I was curious, and the message I saw was really weird. So I picked it up, figured out his code, and saw those messages. I think he's cheating on me with her."

"Anthony wouldn't cheat on you, Kalel," Ian tried to tell me, "I just don't think he would be capable of doing something like that. Especially to you. He told me that you're the only one he's ever thought about spending the rest of his life with. Earlier today he was talking about your guys's wedding plans."

"Then why the hell is he talking to this girl?" I yelled at him, as if he could give me an answer.

"I don't know, Kalel!" He screamed back, "I didn't even know about Cass until right now! And Anthony and I tell each other everything!"

I sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands, dropping my purse to the ground, "What am I going to do, Ian?"

Ian sat down behind me and put his hand on my shoulder in a comforting gesture. "Why don't you call this girl and ask if you can speak to Anthony?" He suggested, "I mean, he's most likely with her if he's not with you, right?"

-Anthony's POV-

I leaned against the wall near Cassidy's bedroom door, watching as she packed her luggage for the trip to Chicago. My foot tapped quickly as I resisted the urge to stop her from packing and make out with her right then and there.

I don't know why I agreed to go with her. I mean, the relationship she and I have didn't call for things like this. It was specifically just for hooking up. We made that clear the first time. It wasn't for going out of state with her and meeting her family.

"I want to warn you that my family's not...normal," She told me as she walked over from her suitcase on her bed to the dresser on the farthest wall.

"That's fine," I retorted, slightly in a daze.

She glanced over at me, "I'm serious, Anthony. I don't want you to freak out or anything when you meet them. Oh, and my brother's having some of his friends over. Again, they're not normal..." She returned to her suitcase and placed two pairs of jeans in it. "I mean, let's just say they're not the usual person you'd meet on the street." She shut the case and zipped it shut, taking it off the bed and setting it on the ground. "You said you've got your stuff, right?"